8

~ 6 months later ~

"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" Aunt Hazel asks as I begin packing up my belongings. 

"Aunty, I promise I will be okay. With your teachings, I'll be just fine," I reply. I grab my suitcase and roll it to the front door. I take a good look at the apartment and think about when I first came here. That was quite a day. 

"Anne? Where's my hat?" Gilbert asks from down the hall. 

I laugh, "I'm wearing it. We've been over this." Since its now February, its not the warmest outside. In fact, its snowing. 

Gilbert appears from the hallway and I place his hat on his head. He smiles, "thanks for taking it."

"Gilbert do you have everything?" Aunt Hazel asks for the millionth time. 

"Yes Aunt. Do you not trust us?" Gilbert replies and fakes being hurt. We laugh, but I can tell that Aunt Hazel is sad that we're leaving. 

I give her one last hug before I say my billionth 'thank you' since I've been here. I'm pretty sure I've said it at least 5 times a day. 

Gilbert gives his aunt a hug before he grabs his suitcase and leaves the apartment with me behind him. As we're walking down the hallway, I stop and grab Gilbert's hand.

"What now?" he asks. 

"This spot," I say pointing to the ground, "was where we had our first kiss."

Gilbert looks at the ground and replies, "It's been a while."

"Sure has," I say before pulling him in for a kiss. We kiss and it feels like the very first time. Since then, we've been dating for 6 months and its been pretty well. We release from the kiss and continue walking down the hallway and out of the building to the cab. 

The cab stops in front of the library where it all began. We walk down 2 buildings and to our new apartment. 

I can't help but think that this all started because of one amazing day. 

The end

Hello! Incase you didn't know, this story was inspired by the book 'the sun is also a star', which is an incredible book. I  decided to write this book because they are making a movie based on the book and I'm really excited for it! Also, today is Sunday so I thought I would challenge myself by writing a whole story in one day (haha like the title). It took me from 11:40am to 4:15pm with of course breaks for lunch, my sister bothering me and my mom asking me to help her move stuff out for donations. If you have nothing to do for a whole day, I would suggest doing this as a sort of challenge. It was pretty fun. 

Leave your feedback and thoughts on this story in the comments and make sure to vote and check out my other stories here on Wattpad! K byeeeee <3