Chapter 3~Beware the BUDDY System

(Y/N's P.O.V)

I sat on the ground, staring as Gyro talked to Scrooge. I was bored out of my mind! Fenton was too busy working on something, and I might be a little too scared to talk to Manny...

"Surprise!" I jumped a bit, shocked at the outburst that came through the lab. I looked over and saw Dewey and Launchpad. I got up, smiling, and ran over to Dewey, waving a little. Dewey and I were about to fist bump each other until a loud 'shh' came from m dad and Scrooge. I looked over, annoyed. Launchpad walked up to the little train set while Dewey and I just sighed. I also walked to see what was going on.

"The Gearloose monophonic rail converts aural into kinetic propulsion." My dad exclaimed, staring at the tiny train.

"Huh?" Dewey and Launchpad asked, very confused. I sighed.

"Sound power train..." Scrooge and I said at the same time, earning a shocked look from Dewey, but no one really noticed.

"Well, I'm sorry Mister Mcdee, but I thought you might want to hear-" Launchpad started, seeming a little nervous. My dad interupted him, making me scoff.

"I don't want to hear anything! This sensitive prototype runs on noise." My dad whispered, looking a bit annoyed. "Observe."

My dad than hummed a little tune, which suddenly made the train start moving around the rail. I smiled a bit, watching it go by.

"Alphanumerical substitution!" Fenton exclaimed, rushing in with a huge stack of papers in his hands. I stared at him for a minute as he explained, but then noticed that the train was going a bit...too fast, for my liking. "The categorical reorganization of letters to prime digits." I took a step back immediately as the tiny train flew right in the glass and it broke under pressure. Water sprayed everywhere on the desk right below it, making my dad give out a gasp.

"My blueprints!" My dad said, running over and hitting a button. Fenton glanced at me with a nervous look, while I did the same. He ran and got the mop while I ran to pick up my father's blueprints. I gave my dad quick glances, not really wanting to be yelled at.

"So sorry Dr. Gearloose!" Fenton exclaimed, mopping up some water. My dad gave a annoyed stare at Fenton.

"Intern, try to think!" My dad said, going back to seeing if his blueprints were okay. I silently sighed as Fenton looked down.

"That's all I do all the time!" I heard Fenton whisper. My father scoffed.

"Well do it better!" Launchpad put his hand up to continue talking.

"Eh, you probably couldn't fit a driver in that tiny train anyway. Uh, say, speaking of drivers-" Launchpad was, yet again, interrupted, but this time by Scrooge.

"Gyro, the board needs results. Ever since Bulb Tech backfired you need an invention that, well-"

"Won't turn evil and kill us all." Dewey finished in a monotone voice. I gave out a little chuckle, which earned a glare from my dad.

"Due respect, sire-" My dad started, fixing his glasses. "

Due respect, sir, innovation doesn't work that way. I can't just wake up one morning and say-"

"How about a self-driving robot car?" Dewey interrupted, phone in hand.

"A what now?" Launchpad asked, looking at Dewey.

"Too many variables. A self-driving robot car would turn evil," My dad snapped his fingers. "just like that! Nobody could-"

"Well, Mark Beaks did. He just posted that he's having a demo later today." Dewey, YET AGAIN, interrupted, showing his phone to Gyro.