SEVEN

THE COLD BREEZE RUFFLED LUCIA'S CHOCOLATE BROWN HAIR AS HER CHEEKS TURNED A BRIGHT RED. Her hands rubbed together for warmth as she trudged behind Aiden and Sage for what felt like hours.

     It was Lucia's first time in Hogsmeade, and she thought it would have been more exciting. Lucia felt like an overall mess. She was exhausted.

The blue bags under her eyes were proof that she hadn't gotten a goodnight's sleep. Seeing her brother half dead, was not exactly what she wanted to fall asleep to.

The rest of the night, Lucia had tossed and turned in her bed, not daring to close her eyes, in the end, Lucia believe it was her fault her brother had this problem, and she blamed herself for it.

Lucia's happy demeanor, and bright smile, was replaced with a lame excuse for a smile, and slugged shoulders.

Sage and Aiden tried to get her to tell them what she dreamt about, but Lucia didn't want to relive the memories. They weren't dreams, they happened. That's why they were so terrifying.

Lucia was busy in her own little world, she hadn't realized Sage and Aiden had made a turn, resulting her to slam into someone.

"Look who it is! It's Little Lupin!"

The younger Lupin looked up, realizing it was her brother who she had crashed into. Next to him, his friends.

Lucia smiled at the Marauders. She gave them a small nod about to turn away.

"Oi, you look like shi—"

James was cut off by one of Remus' deadly glares. "Lucia, are you okay? You look like you haven't slept." Remus asked kindly.

"I'm fine," Lucia said with a small nod. Remus wasn't buying it.

"Do you want me to write mum, or dad for yo—"

"No, I'm okay," Lucia restated, giving her brother a nod that told him to stop asking.

"Where are your friends?" Sirius asked.

Lucia turned around, looking around, trying to find her blonde and brunette friend. "I'm not sure, I should probably go find them."

     With a small nod, she left the group of four boys, wandering around the medium sized town, not knowing there was still a gaze on her.

    Sirius' grey eyes watched as she left the part of the village. "Why'd her friends leave her like that?"

      Remus shrugged, "I'm sure they didn't mean to. They're good for her."

      "Lucia, I swear to go—" Aiden shouted until he felt the freezing sphere hit his face. With a small shake he got the ice off of his cheeks, jaw dropped slightly, as he stared at the youngest Lupin, who had been threatening him for the past hour with the bloody snowball, he hadn't actually expected her to throw it.

     Lucia's giggles filled the silent air as Aiden readjusted himself. Sage had left a little earlier, as she had plans with Amos Diggory for lunch.

      "That's what you get for complaining about Sage's date!"

      Lucia didn't have enough time to duck, as she hadn't seen the snowball come flying towards her. The cold white snow, hit her right in the chest. With a gasp, she pretended to tumble to the floor, landing in a dramatic position.

      "That's what you get for assuming I was jealous about her date!"

     Lucia sat up slowly, a small smile on her face. "I didn't say you were jealous. Only that you wished it were yo—"

     Aiden lunged on top of the girl, his hands above her as he hinted that he was about to tickle her if she were to finish her sentence.

      "You wouldn't dare!"

      "Watch me!"

      Before he could register anything, Lucia had shoved a snowball in the boys face, rolling out from under him, making a beeline towards the roads of Hogsmeade.

      She stopped once she had enough distance between him and her. Aiden raised his hand and gasped dramatically, as he got off of the cold floor.

     "I demand war!"

     Aiden took his wand out and casted a spell in order to make the snowballs throw themselves at Lucia.

      "That's cheating!" Lucia exclaimed as she tried her best to dodge the snowballs attacking her.

      "There are no rules! This is war!"

      Aiden watched the girl as she was bombarded with the snowballs. He faked a yawn and pretended to check his watch for the time.

     "I think I win,"

     "Tell them to stop!"

      "Snowballs don't know englis—"

      "—Aiden, please!"

With a flick of his wand, the snowballs stopped tossing themselves at Lucia, and instead fell to the floor with a large thud.

     Once Lucia's laughs died down, Aiden tossed one more snowball her way.

     "Hey!"

     LUCIA WAS CALMY EATING DINNER WITH HER FRIENDS, when her brother grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out of the Great Hall and into a small abandoned classroom. His face was red with anger.

      The three other Marauders sat at desks, looking guilty over something.

      "This," Remus shook his finger around, gesturing to James, Sirius, Peter, and Lucia, "is not happening." he continued.

     Lucia gulped, confused on why she was in trouble.

      "You are not becoming illegal Animagus, just for me!"

     James was the first to speak up, "But Remus, this could help you! We could help you."

      Remus shook his head. "I'm not putting you guys in danger. What if this doesn't work? What if you get caught, what if—"

     "What if it does work?" Lucia asked, cutting him off. Remus' eyes softened when he heard her talk.

     Sirius nodded, "What if it really does help you?"

     Remus shook his head lightly, "I don't want you guys to get hurt in the process! You shouldn't be doing this for me!"

      Peter stood from his chair, he slammed his hands down on the desk he was sitting at, surprising the rest of the Marauders. "Listen here, Remus. We're your best friends, and she's your sister! We hate seeing you come back once a month, beat up, tired, and bloody. It hurts us seeing you hurt like that. We want to help you. This is our choice, and we're doing it weather you like it or not! We accept the consequences to being caught, but if we don't do this, we're always going to think about, 'what if we did.'"

      Remus stood shocked by his words, not knowing how to respond. It was then, his heart dropped. It was then, he felt like he was loved and accepted. He felt a tingling sensation rattle his body as he stood silently with his hands clenched in fists. His eyes began to get glossy, and his breath hitched in his throat.

     They cared.

     "Remus, please let us help you," Lucia said, finally speaking up and breaking the silence.

     Remus gave a small nod, wiping the tears from his eyes. James was the first one to run and give him a hug. The others followed suite, resulting in a large group hug.

"Thank you."