EIGHT

-

-

LUCIA NEVER WANTED ANYTHING FOR CHRISTMAS, she'd always tell friends and family not to get her much because she already had what she really needed.

     She enjoyed giving more, then receiving. It was something Remus found rather annoying. He never knew what to get her, and every time he'd ask her what she wants, she would respond with 'Nothing really,' and it bugged him dearly.

     Hope and Lyall Lupin always went full out on buying gifts for their family. Even though they didn't have a lot of money to spare, they'd always save just enough for the Christmas time.

But this year, the family had to move houses, because their neighbors became suspicious about Remus' lycanthropy.

So, when Lucia, Sage, and Aiden sat on the train, on the way to platform 9/3, exchanging gifts, Lucia felt awkward as her gifts were the smallest.

Homemade friendship bracelets.

As much as Lucia felt embarrassed by this, her friends made sure to show them off to people who walked by their compartment. Sage always flipped her blonde hair when people walked by, and Aiden just straight up pointed at it.

They knew about Lucia's current state, but they didn't know why her family had moved. But in the end, it wasn't their place to ask. They knew she'd tell them when she's ready.

The bracelets were made out of string, but each had a different colour. Sage's was mostly sky blue, with hints of pink and purple.

Lucia's was mostly pink with hints of sky blue and purple.

Aiden's was mostly purple with hints of sky blue and pink.

When the trio became friends in their first year, they had all decided on what colour they represented. It had become an inside joke to the now thirteen year olds. As they looked back on it, they found it extremely childish. But yet, every time they give gifts to each other, the gift was always in their 'signature colour.'

Aiden had gifted Lucia few more Muggle books, and Sage gave the girl a bucket full of what Muggles call 'scrunchies.' Complaining about how Lucia would always steal hers. Sage made half of them glow in the dark, and the other half, she charmed so they would change to whatever colour Lucia would think of.

Sage's finger scraped against the cold window, as she drew a last 'X,' with a smile on her face, she gasped. "I win!"

Three of Sage's X's lined up, signaling that Aiden and his O's had lost. "I want a rematch—"

The compartment door slid open, and in walked James Potter.