Chapter Seven

Unedited 

The silence was more than comfortable and everything was fine. You and Ilima have been talking and the little Pokémon have tired themselves out. Well, for the most part. Your boi Caterpie found his way into your arms and a butterfree was snuggled to your side. The rest were all in a circle around you and Ilima, resting. It must be late into the night. Both you and Ilima had lost track of time with your conversations. The half moon stands overhead, blessing you with its silver light. 

You never lifted your head from his comfortable shoulder, never finding reason to. He obviously wanted to form a close relationship with you, like family in his exact words, so you found yourself making yourself quite at home with him. It was really easy to do. You took in a deep breath of the salty air, finding yourself in a dimly lit paradise. No wonder Ilima loved this place, this Kala'e Bay. It's so calm and it's a beautiful view garunteed to make anyone smile. You decided that it's time to go home and let the Pokémon rest in the meadow, so you squeezed Ilima's wrist before shifting yourself to prepare for standing up.

"I think it's time to go back to the house. We don't need to fall asleep out here and I'm sure it's way past these little ones' bedtime."

You gestured to Caterpie in your arms, using your legs you brain yourself back up to a standing position. Yep, you're just a god like that. You smiled and cradled the tiny bug Pokemon in your arms, who was sound asleep. Cute little guy, you'd love to keep him but he has friends and family in the Meadow you wouldn't dare separatw him from. You noticed that the Butterfree who was at your side woke up and fluttered softly towards you, perching themselves on your shoulder. You smiled at the butterfly Pokémon.

"Hello little friend. Are you going to light up our way back home? We'd love that very much!"

The Pokémon cheered very quietly, obviously drowsy. You smiled, very grateful for the Pokémon's assistance. If you'd known you'd be in a cave late at night you'd have brought a flashlight. Butterfree began waking up all their friends for their journey back through the Seaward Cave and you smiled, acting like a parental unit towards these Pokémon. Or a caregiver, you much prefer the titles Guardian and Caregiver rather than any traditional parental title. Just a little bit of your personal trivia. You were about to step forward when you felt a tug at your collared polo from behind. Ilima? You turned around and saw him standing there, as if trying to hold something back. He was hitting deep into his bottom lip and he refused to meet your eyes, even though he was the one who grabbed your attention.

"One last question before we go... Do you believe in Love at First sight?"

That's a very odd thing to ask, very controversial. You're not a stupid and dense anime character or fanfiction protagonist. You could see exactly what was happening here. You knew from the getgo. Why else would he save you from the side of his streets if you didn't interest him in some sorts? For some ulterior motive? That's just human nature. However Ilima was a kind boy who had been nothing but an accepting gentleman. Your gender identity was never a big deal, as it should be, with him except when he introduced you to his parents and you freaked out. If you don't remember, that's chapter three and four probably. Maybe chapter five. The author doesn't remember. Regardless, he was so kindhearted and you found yourself developing a soft spot for him in the span of today. What good would it do If you reject him now?

"Yes, I do."

You managed to keep Caterpie in your arm while taking your dominant hand and placing it on the side of Ilima's face. You didn't know if you had consent for much, but you could tell from his eyes he as expecting some sort of action from you. You leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek. You didn't want to push it too far. You didn't know if you were even comfortable with giving away your first kiss yet. That's not for now. Now is for getting home and feeling out where this relationship between you two, wether platonic or romantic, is going to go. You flashed a big smile at Ilima. You wanted to give him hope and joy. He deserved to feel happy.

"Come on, let's go home."

Yeah.... home....

769 Words