Chapter 4: unravel me

Cloud had woken up to a spark so he jolted awake and saw it was just frost in his storm form shocking him on accident 'i wonder if frost could control that then he'd be a warrior dog! Oh that sounds so cool!' cloud thought with a smile. And got up to wash his face from tear stains he was glad to be back in disguise but missed his eyes everyone told him his eyes were pretty and he liked them too he decides to take a shower but in the shower he started to think like most people do but he thought about strike 'man i think i really messed up. What if he starts to hate me!' he felt his eyes sting at the thought but just washed them off with the surprisingly warm water.

"Hey your uniform is here." Cloud almost slipped at the voice but peeked to see the door cracked open. "Sorry i knocked but you didn't answer." Cloud blushed but sighed in relief and quickly finished up."Th-thanks Strike." cloud says with a smile "Don't mention it.....Like really don't." Cloud frowned a little and Followed strike through the long dark portrait paintings on the wall, halls. Cloud could feel like he was being watched and hurried beside Strike to feel less paranoid. Same old Tray of breakfast brought to the Prince.'I feel bad to the ones who take care of the king.' Cloud worried but just reassured himself that they were mean and strong with no emotion,probably except anger. He apparently had to go to town to fetch some special delivery in secret requested by the prince. The package was inside a dark brown bag. Once returned to the prince Cloud found out it was some sort of sweet. Once he had to go dispose of the evidence he ate the little remaining Thunder Cloud candy named sweet, when in reality it was a different version of Cotton cloud candy colored in pastel colors from the cloud kingdom's clouds just cleaned and be ready to eat It's an early job since in the morning is the freshest. This seems to have been made from here,that's why it's not as tasty. Cloud spit it back into the dark-purple shiny bag. 'Note to self,help save these sweets!' cloud thought and put the candy back in the bag. He went to go find strike and apologize for what he said last night he found in the kitchen cleaning dishes. "U-uh hey strike about last nigh-" cloud was cut off "It's fine." was all strike said "Really? Because I feel a li-" cloud was interrupted again. "I said it's fine,shadow." strike says with a bit of a harsher tone so cloud nods "B-but if you want to say something please do strike,okay?" cloud says and strike just silently nods "Do you need any help?" cloud asked and strike shakes his head "I'm fine." he says turning to look at cloud a bit irritated cloud just nods flinching at his expression but he still helps by cleaning the counters there were a few other maids in there working there to all help out clean the kitchen so cloud just helps out around the place but at times he caught strike looking at him but cloud didn't mind too much until it kept happening. "I-is something wrong?" Cloud was panicking,what if he was wearing the uniform wrong? What if Strike was suspicious?! "Nothing. You should go check in with the prince." strike says "can you...come with me? Please?" he says and strike sighed and nodded cloud started walking and cloud follows eventually taking the lead "are you mad at me?" cloud asked hoping that strike would tell the truth "nobody has ever talked to me like that ever since...a few years ago" strike says "can you tell me?" cloud asked and strike shrugs "i had a sister she was so smart and talented since we didn't have any living parents i took care of her but she never felt...happy she never dad the freedom to feel happy and smile she hated living here and a few years ago almost half a year of working here she talked about how much she wanted to be part of the cloud village and be as happy and free as them and like any brother would do we talked it out but my words didn't reach deep enough before we went inside she looked at the sky and do you know what she said?" strike says sounding like he was about to cry which had cloud worried "she told me 'i want to be happy'...she jumped and i couldn't catch her she had been suffering and all i could do was talk and hope the problem would go away i could have done so much i want to make her happy take me back take me back take me back please take me back i just want her to be happy why are my words not enough? I want to go back" strike says and broke down sobbing his hands shook and he stopped his whole body had sharted shaking his brain was trying to keep him proper but he also wanted to cry for help from the one he loves cloud tries to calm him down "s-strike i'm sorry please don't think about it too much you're scaring me are you okay?" cloud asked and strike flinched slightly "fuck.FUCK IT ALL!" strike screams and the causes attention some maids that were cleaning stopped to stare cloud gets nervous he didn't know what to do strike was crying and people were staring all cloud could do was think of a way to stop strike from crying he acted quickly and held strike's face looking into his eyes "hey hey it's alright calm down i'm here for you" cloud says and hugged strike who clung to cloud desperate for comfort in his time of need cloud and him hug for a while before cloud gives him a sweet kiss on the cheek since strike had stopped crying "i'm so sorry shadow i've acted so informal just now" strike says and cloud chuckles "don't be everyone needs a moment to cry" cloud says and a few tears fall down his cheeks as well he wiped them away. Strike hadn't noticed but he was gently holding clouds hand "you know i saw something very pretty last night it was a person and they just glowed in the moonlight they looked so pure and beautiful like an angel i was probably just imagining it" he says and cloud blushed "that's a little weird but whatever" he says and strike smiles softly. Once they got to the floor of the king and princes room they saw a maid talking to the king about what happened and the king started shouting in anger strike gripped clouds hand tighter and ran pulling cloud behind him "s-strike what are you doing?!" cloud asked shocked "he knows and i'm fucked who knows maybe we're fucked" strike says "that's not an answer dammit!" cloud says stopping strike to go get his dog frost and the three kept running "that little fucking maid ratted us out,so now we might get broken because of her and i am not going through that again!" strike says a little harshly "wait is this my fault?" cloud asked "yeah a little bit to be honest? Strike says "you weren't supposed to agree now i feel guilty" cloud says and the three ran to safety and that was strikes library and his old home made out of a slightly withered tree he shared with his sister. Cloud looked around the place was really pretty and old timey looking strike goes to close some curtains "let's wait here for a while okay?" strike says and cloud nods.