11: Wake up

WARNING: This chapter includes graphic and abusive context. Read at your own risk.

Another two days went by, and you were still motionless. Mirio was already back in school, but taking it easy so his wound could fully heal. Your visitors, three lovely friends and your two family members, came by at least once a day for at least a couple hours or more. Your health was stable, yet unpredictable because no one was sure when you were going to wake up or if you were going to suffer some kind of permanent damage. The only thing everyone could do was wait.

"Yo Tamaki, you coming with us to the hospital, or coming alone again?" Mirio questioned him as Nejire struggled to keep up with her blond friend due to his fast waking pace. They were just now leaving class and on their way to outside the school gate to visit you as a part of their daily schedule.

"You all can g-go ahead. I gotta do something at home first." He answered, without lifting his gaze from the ground. His heavy book bag on his back slightly swinging each time he took a step.

"Alright, suit yourself! Just don't take too long 'cuz me and Mirio still have to work on that classwork we got today to turn in tomorrow for a grade." Nejire waved Tamaki good bye as she walked aside her trusted friend. The hospital was at the opposite direction from his house, so he left himself comfortable on his silent walk home. Twisting the doorknob and softly pushing the door open, he stepped inside his home. 'I'm sure I locked the door this morning...' He confusingly thought to himself as he closed the door behind him and locked it, leaving his backpack on the coat hanger beside the door.

"Why have you been coming home late all these days without telling me, machigai?" Said the grumpy voice of an older woman coming from one of his rooms. The moment he heard that voice, he knew who it was. It made him stiffen up immediately.

"M-Mother, I'm sorry, I've.. been v-visiting that girl that g-got kidnapped by those... villains in the hospital a-and-"

"NO EXCUSES!" She harshly cut him off, causing him to close his eyes shut and hands to shield his face in fear as he trembled. "You know I don't believe you one bit, right? Everything you say is shit, just like you. Those people aren't worth your time, you're such an annoyance!"

"Y-You're right! I'm sorry-y!" The poor boy studder, wanting no more confrontation on this. There was also that one nickname he was always called by his mother, "machigai", mistake in japanese. Before he was born, his mom was in an abusive relationship where her boyfriend would force her to go with him to his friend's houses to be "exploited". In other words, molested, beaten, or worse, raped by more than 4 guys at times. If she tried to leave or escape, he would kill her and he made that clear to the point where she never attempted to again. After she got pregnant, he ditched her and told her if she had gone to the police about it, he'd kill her. Fearing for her life, she had to do everything she could to live on her own and raise the child she was about to bring into this world. She was once a bright, energetic, and trusting woman, but after the trauma she went through, she became the complete opposite.

(Tamaki's childhood flashbacks)

One day-
"I can't believe you happened! You're useless and always messing my shit up!" 'She angrily grumbled at me when I was six. I was playing with my toy soldiers and accidentally knocked down and broke one of her display vases. I countlessly apologized, but it didn't work. She then made me pick up all the sharp shards without gloves or anything, leaving my hand full of cuts by the end of the day. She yells and hits me everyday, it's normal, right? Discipline is a thing that has to be taught to every child when they do bad things. I'm a bad child. She always complains I do everything wrong. So.. I deserve it.'