12: Fall

Apologies for the delayed chapter, I'm super busy staring at the wall and binge watching any anime I hear of, enjoy!

The cold breeze ran through his silky hair.
Even though this was happening now, time seemed to dramatically slow down. He closed his eyes and let this feeling of falling overcome him. It was so relaxing, that he could have that feeling all day if it was possible. But it's obvious that it wasn't possible. Not here, not ever again. He felt weightless as gravity was doing all the work. It's like when you're floating in water, you feel like all your life problems have been diminished by it and you can peacefully float there for eternity. But again, no one can do that forever. At least this would be a peaceful end for someone with such a tragic life.

"AMAJIKI!" 'No way... no.' The boy thought as he snapped his eyes open to see who was calling out for him. Not even half a second after that, he felt a drastic change of air pressure around him. So much so that it made him nearly fully stop his fall as he approached the ground below him. He still didn't know what was happening as it all was going by so fast. Although, still several feet from the ground, he was once again caught off guard as something tackled him mid air, sending both straight down. Before he could feel the impact under him, he looked up to see was holding onto him.

"M-Mirio?" He shockingly asked, only to be returned by his friend's bright smile. Everything was happening so fast. No, too fast. Again, without another second going by, they landed on something. The ground was supposed to be hard, so why was it soft and jelly-like?

"Whatcha doin kid?" His familiar voice rang through Tamaki's ears, still sinking into the soft object he landed on along with Mirio embraced to him. Then, it all clicked for the boy.

"Fat G-Gum..?" He rose his head from the hero's body. His fat absorption quirk had flawlessly broken their fall without breaking a sweat, no wonder why he admired his superior.

"Ya missed me? Sorry for taking so long on this last mission, it was tricky!" He commented to his intern with a goofy smile as always. Tamaki's eyes sparkled as he was taken by surprise by the hero's attitude, expecting to be scolded instead. Suddenly, he looked down at his hands, in shock of what had all happened in such a short time.

"W-Why did you g-guys save me.. I don't matter that much.." Tears slowly brimming at the corner of his eyes. His superior and his friends however, still kept a smile on simply to show him everything was alright. This wasn't the first time this happened.

"All that matters is that you're ok. Let's go inside, shall we?" Nejire calmly asked the group, who all nodded except her shy friend, who was still frozen in the same place.

"Alright kiddo, let's go." Fat Gum gently nudged Tamaki to get off him. The four proceeded inside the building, not saying a word to each other. Luckily, no one was sitting in the lobby couch, so the four sat there, silent.

"Today's been a long day, ya kids agree?" Fat Gum tried starting a conversation to break the awkward silence. He was on the edge of the couch, but with Tamaki on his left.

"Yeah! Me and Mirio had to do a pop quiz on one of our classes! I'm sure we both passed though since it was super easy!" The girl chimed. Her legs swinging back and forth as she sat comfortably on the couch next to Mirio and Tamaki.

"But I got a better score." Mirio smirked at her.

"Oh shut up! We won't see the scores until tomorrow so enjoy that confidence while you can, because my score is definitely higher." She protested. Hearing his friends bicker over whoever was the best at what was actually very often, and it always brought a smile to the shy boy's face. It didn't this time, but in managed to calm him down.