1

Late at night I could hear the crying
I hear it all, trying to fall asleep
When all the love around you is dying
~Three Days Grace
   Fallen Angel

Bakugou's POV

I frowned, staring out of the window. Deku was acting strange recently. As usual he was a little shit but... I don't know. Even Kirishima was acting wierd. But Deku...

Wait. Why an I fucking worried about the nerd? He's nothing. Useless. I don't give a shit about him!  I thought pulling at my hair.

I glanced over at him. He was sleeping. What the hell? The nerd never slept during class.

"Hey, nerd!" I yelled, walking over to Midoriya.

"Hm?" He looked up at me sleepily his dumb green eyes dull.

Rage filled me as I began to shout at him and let him know how fucking dumb and shitty he was.

"Stop Kacchan. I know,"  he mumbled, putting his head on the desk.

There it was again. What the hell?

I stared at him for a second.

Surprising me, a small muffled sob came from the small green heap of nerd.

"Are you fucking serious?" I snapped.

"Leave him alone Bakugou."

I spun around, glaring, and saw... Todoroki?

"What's it to you, half 'n' half?" I sneered.

"Don't be so pathetic, Bakugou. It isn't very... heroic."

That little...

Scowling, I spun on my heels and stomped back to my desk.

Deku's P.O.V

I woke up to Kacchan's familiar yelling.

"How the hell does someone so fucking dumb and shitty get into this school in the first place? You've always been such a quirkless little-"

"Stop Kacchan. I know," I mumbled, feeling my eyes blur with tears.
Before he could see, I put my head back on the desk.

I couldn't help letting out a little sob, the cold salty tears dripping onto the table. Why did he always have to remind me of how lame I am?

"Are you fucking serious?!" He scoffed.

I squeezed my eyes shut.

It's ok. It's not worth it. It's ok. It's-

"Leave him alone Bakugou," Todoroki's calm voice broke my thoughts. Was he... defending me?

"What's it to you, half 'n' half?" Bakugou retorted. That's what I was thinking. I had always liked Todoroki, but he had never really... returned the feelings.
Thinking about it made more tears stream down my cheeks.

"Don't be so pathetic, Bakugou. It isn't very... heroic."

I felt a warm arm wrap around me.

"Are you okay, Midoriya?" Todoroki whispered.
I snifled
"Mhm..." I bluffed.

"You can't lie to me. Come on. Do you... do you need to talk?"

I nodded into my arms.

"Shall I walk you home?"

"... Yes. Please," I said, snifling. Todoroki was going to walk me home. I couldn't believe it.
Kacchan would always try to hurt me when I walked home. He once...

I couldn't contain my tears as I remembered the time he made me bang my head on the sidewalk.

"Shh..." Todoroki stroked and played with my hair as I cried.

________¤_______

Before I knew it, the bell rang for the end of school. Time to face-
No. Todoroki was walking with me. Kacchan won't... would he?

"Come on, Izuku," Todoroki said.

I smiled weakly at him and swung my bag onto my back. That was the first time I'd smiled in ages.

"About earlier..." I bagan," I just wanted do thank you. For defending me."

"That's ok. He's a jerk anyway," he said," your hair's... really soft y'know."

I blushed.

Let me say that that was actually the best evening ever.

Plus I didn't even get the nightmares... just the Kacchan-like thoughts that ran through my head each night.

(A/N) My first ever BNHA fanfic. How was it? Leave your thoughts in the comments.
Don't forget to vote and check out my other stories. Follow if you enjoy my stories.

🕇 WitchofMoonlight ⛧