34

split his ribs open using my bare hands but i could not repair all of the damage
built of milk and flesh so meek and mild but i know
if he'd lived he'd have grown to be wild
they broke him and they beat him
and break he did
they took him from me, my baby
and break he did
his skin went white as chalk, his limbs turned soft and limp
i cradled him through those moments of weakness
and watched him drift between the worlds of living and dead
until he sunk down into the pavement
~Nicole Dollanganger
Danny

No one's POV

"NO!"

Backgou lent over the edge and saw him lying on his back on the grass.
His heart stopped beating for a second as he saw his childhood friend lie there, as lifeless as a rag doll.

"B-Bakugou?! What happened?"

"Get Aizawa!" The ash blonde yelled, clenching his fists til his knuckles turned white. He could feel tears sting his eyes as half the class ran up on the roof. But he was deaf to that. Numb to everything but the voice screaming in his head:

"You did this!"

"O-okay."
Iida ran off, questions racking his mind as  he sped down the stairs into the corridor, his footfalls pounding on the floor.
The class watched in fear and confusion as Bakugou fell to his knees with a thud and tried not to cry, his head spinning as he looked down at his hands.

This is all my fucking fault.

"B-Bakugou... what happened?"

"He- he jumped!" He screamed hoarsely, blinking back painful tears," he fucking jumped!"

"Who?"

"D-"

"Izuku... He..." Uraraka had peered over the edge to abruptly pull away, clamping a hand over her mouth, hot tears streaming down her cheeks relentlessly. Asui wrapped her arm around her and hugged her to her chest, tears silently trickling down her own cheeks as the brown-haired girl before her shook with sobs that hurt her throat.

"Wh-what?"
"Deku?"
"Midoriya?"
"Why...?"

The pained questions of the sad and confused group were not only deafened in Katsuki's ears but also to Kirishima. The red-haired boy walked stiffly over to the slumped form of Bakugou on the floor with heavy footfalls and fell down beside him.
He was the only one who understood what was tearing Bakugou apart. It was Kirishima who had stayed up those long nights beside him as he trusted him with his insecurities and it was Kirishima who had hugged and comforted him during those emotional talks.

And it hurt like hell to see his crush like this.

With a trembling chin, he knelt beside him and wrapped his arms around him and slowly began to rock him.
"I-It's my f-fault! It's my-!" The ash blonde's voice broke as he struggled not to cry.
"Shh... don't say that. It's not..." tears slipped down his cheeks and splashed onto Bakugou's shoulder," it's not."

Todoroki's POV

"Are those... sirens?" I asked, confused.

"I-Yes."

"What're- it's coming... here? Recovery Girl... what happened?" I could hear the fear creeping into my own rising voice.

"I... can't say. Just... stay here. I'll be back."

She averted her gaze and left the room.

What was going on? Was someone hurt?

I wheeled my way over to my window and pulled back the curtains slightly.
Red flashing lights immediately flooded my room and loud deafening sirens rang in my ears. I couldn't see much from here... but the were putting someone on a stretcher. Someone with a mob of familiar... fluffy... Green... hair...

Oh God.