7

****Ava watched in awe as Psycho slowly walked up to the ramp where Kaylee stood leaning against the rail. She slowly took an apple from a bag on her wheelchair and held it out to her new friend.

"Here, hold this out to him, and see if he'll come to you. If he does, see if he'll let you touch him."

"Am I doing it right?" Kaylee whispered.

"Yeah, just move slow, flatten your hand and talk to him real soft, like you would to a scared puppy or kitten."

"Like this?" She asked as the timid animal reached toward the apple.

"Yeah, just like that! Now move your other hand real slow and rub his head, up and down between his eyes and down to his nose."

"Ooooh, he's so soft and smooth... and his nose feels like a velvet dress I got for Christmas. He's so sweet."

Psycho stepped close and allowed Kaylee to rub his face and neck. She giggled when he touched her neck with his nose and whuffed in her hair.

Ava carefully passed a brush to Kaylee. "Show it to him first, let him smell it, and then see if he'll let you comb his mane."

* * *

Everyone on platform one stared as the shy, timid girl loved and brushed the golden coat of the Psycho horse. When Beau and Rowdy noticed where every one was looking, they too were astonished. Neither could quite believe what he was seeing, horse and girl were bonding before their very eyes.

"Did you ever...?" Rowdy asked.

"Never in a million years," Beau answered as he shook his head. "You think we could really trust him with her... a complete novice?"

"I, I think we have to at least give them a chance with complete supervision and training." The red headed cowboy said. "I'll get Topper and we'll do it, we'll teach her how to care for him and ride, and one of us will supervise every minute they're together, make sure it's safe."

Beau nodded, "Okay." He grinned at his friend, "How much ya wanna bet he has a real name with in an hour."

"Won't take that long." Rowdy grinned back.

Eve stomped her foot, "That little nobody is not naming my horse!" She snarled, fuming and started to stalk toward the girl and horse, neither of which was aware of the scene that was unfolding in the center of the ring.

Both men faced the angry teenager as Beau took her arm and turned her toward them.

"Excuse me?" He asked. "Your horse? Since when did that animal become yours, and under whose authority?"

Genevieve stood, hands on hips and glared at the men. She pointed at the horse and said, "That is one of the best looking horses on the whole ranch. He will up my cred like crazy."

"Up your cred?" Beau asked softly, astounded at what he was hearing.

He turned to Rowdy, "Would you and Topper mind taking those three," pointing at Psycho, Ava, and Kaylee. "over to the barn, designate a stall and show Kaylee where everything is and begin horse care 101?"

* * *

Kaylee, Ava, and Psycho followed Rowdy to the stables where a shocked and thoroughly thrilled Kaylee would begin her training as a horse owner.

"Sooo, have you given any thought as to a name for this fine fellow?" Topper asked.

"I thought he already had a name. Psycho?" Kaylee answered

Rowdy winced inwardly, "That was just because of the way he behaved. Fought like crazy, ran away from us, reared, lunged and kicked at any body who went near him. It was all outa fear. He was terrified."