Chapter 2

Well, it's time to finally meet the enemy.

~

The smell of cologne, and the motion of the car was all I could sense. Wildcat and Delirious fell silent after a few minutes of driving, but the occasional bicker started every now and then.

I sighed loudly and decided to relax a little more in my seat. 

"Ay, shouldn't be too long now" Wildcat directed to me.

I hum a 'ok' back, hearing the tires of the car hit a gravel surface.

The car stops and I hear two doors open and slam close, before mine gets pulled open, and I'm greeted with the crisp air, then a hand grabbing my arm to lead me out of the car. 

"This way m'lady" linking his arm with mine, Delirious lead me towards somewhere. 

I hear the creak of a door and a lot of shuffling. How many people are in here? I get push down into a chair and the blindfold pulled off. My eyes stung against the bright light hanging above. After they adjusted, I noticed the man across from me. He wore an owl mask, the eyes being an intense yellow. 

What is with these guys and animal masks?

The man clears his throat, "Virus, nice to finally meet you. I'm Vanoss, the leader of this crew" He leans closer. "So why the sudden interest in joining my crew? I know you work solo, so I can't seem to place why." Vanoss leans back in his chair waiting for my answer. 

"You and your crew are very impressive, and being able to make some op gangs fear you, that makes you quite powerful. So I feel that we can help each other, wether I join you crew or not." I state. 

He nods slowly, and stands up, "Stay here, I need to talk to my men." He starts walking towards another door in the building. "Del, keep and eye on her please." he enters the other room and Delirious takes Vanoss's seat. 

That seemed somewhat easy. lets just hope my words worked. 

Time passes and I can hear voices from the other room, but can't quite make out the conversation though. 

"So Virus. " Delirious stated randomly.

"Yes?" 

"I dunno, I'm just bored. Man I hope they're not that much longe-" He gets cut off by the sound of the door swinging open and the shuffling of feet, I glance and see men pile out of the room and stand around the table, facing me. There's about 11 of them, most of them wearing animal masks, and some with just glasses on, which was a nice change. 

"Alright. We have all made a decision." Vanoss calls out. he scans over his men, receiving some nods. Before coming back to stare at me. 

"Before we let you officially join and become apart of Our Crew. We want to see you in action. So, tomorrow night meet us in the back alley behind your apartment and our mission/ your 'trial' -" He air quotes. "will begin." 

I nodd "what If I jeopardise your mission?" "Well then we know we can't trust you to join The Crew. That being said, Wildcat and Delirious will take you back home." No one else said anything and just dispersed in different directions.

"Okay, we need you put that back on." Wildcat pointed at the blindfold on my lap. I sigh and tie it back around my eyes, I enter back into the darkness as I'm escorted back to the car and driven home. The same smell and motion filling my senses.

I don't know if I ready for this whole 'team' thing.