Morning Practice

(Kyoutani's POV)

I really just meant to walk her home, I didnt know she would kiss my cheek or hell I didn't even know I was going to go with her. After her little speech the team was so touched, we hadn't had a manager care that much. They all went for Oikawa and didn't care about the others. I walked home still coming to terms with the what just happened, once I got home I went straight to my room and showered. I laid on my bed just replaying what happened at her front door. I debated messaging Iwazumi-senpai but it was late he probably had homework to do, I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but the image of Emma asleep curled up in my jacket intruded into my imagination. Why the hell am I thinking about her!? With a dignified huff I closed my eyes again determined to fall asleep.

(Emma's POV)

After I was inside I relaxed and cuddled into the jacket, not like it was on purpose or anything but the smell of kyoutani's cologne was calming. I know the guys usually don't eat if they have morning practice, they always forget to so since they leave their houses early. So what is a good manager to do? I stayed up late making the guys something they would eat like for breakfast, I made sure everyone on the team would have one including the coach. I packaged them up and put them in a container to keep them warm before finally going up to my room, turning the light off and fell asleep on my bed after making sure my alarm set.

I groaned softly as my alarm went off making me get out of bed to shut it off. I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes only to realize I still had kyoutani's jacket on and it made me blush faintly. I shrugged the jacket off and put it gently over the chair that belonged in front of my desk before going to shower and get ready.

Once I was finished getting ready I checked the clock and smiled to myself seeing I had enough time and grabbed the bag that had the teams breakfasts in it along with my school bag slipping the straps comfortably over kyoutani's jacket. I went to the door and slipped my shoes on before stepping outside, it was surprisingly cool outside as I made my way to near by family market that had snacks that I remember seeing kyoutani have.

I walked into the store that was pleasantly warm compared to outside and heard the store owner say.

"Good morning, if you're looking for something special just let me know and I will help as best as I can"

I smiled and bowed a little in respect saying,

"Good morning, thank you!"

I made my way around the shop till I saw the kind of chicken kyoutani usually has when he comes into practice with and got two of them figuring that it would be fun to give the chicken a try. I got that and I got drinks for the team and a bottle of green tea for myself, once I made sure I had everything I wanted I went to the register. As the cashier started ring up the items he chuckled faintly and said,

"You must be getting ready to feed an army with all this"

I giggled faintly and nodded.

"I guess you could say that"

He noticed the jacket I was wearing over my school uniform and hummed.

"I've seen a boy with that same jacket in the store before, hes my best customer. Hey maybe you know him, his names kyoutani"

I was a bit surprised but nodded and said,

"Oh yeah I know kyoutani-kun, this is his jacket actually. He gave it to me last night, I'm the manager for his volleyball team"

I smiled proudly with that statement and the impressed look on his face as I paid for the drinks and snacks I had bought. With that I thankfully took the bag and thanked him before I walked out. With a quick look at my phone it showed that I was right on time to make it to the morning practice.

I finally got to the school around my usual time and made it to the gym, switching out shoes and opening the door I could see all the guys in the middle of doing their stretches and a chorus of 'Emma!'s came. I smiled closing the gym door behind me and said,

"Morning guys! Sorry I'm a little late I had to pick some things up"

I set my bags down out of the way and picked the one that had the drinks in it up taking the drinks out setting them on the bench. Since the guys had been doing warm ups they didn't notice me getting the drinks out and when I got to the drink I got for the coach I brought it to him. After that i put the bag away and waited till they finished with their stretches to call them over.

"You boys need to have something to drink. I got all your favorites!"

They all crowded around me as I handed out drinks giggling when one of the guys would pull me into a quick side hug as a thank you. And for once I noticed that kyoutani had actually stopped as well, when he was able to get to me I forgot about the rest of the team. I handed him his drink along with one of the Hamima chicken things I had gotten, he seemed surprised but I didn't understand why. Until I thought about it. His manager, wearing his jacket, holding out a drink and one of his favorite snacks. That would seem a bit surprising, he took it slowly and said,

"Th..thanks...emma"

I blushed faintly and smiled but the moment had been ruined by Matsukawa and Hanamaki saying,

"Awe how cute~"

It embarrassed both of you, kyoutani's face getting a light bit red. Soon enough Oikawa joined in on the teasing.

"Ne chibi-chan why don't you ever wear our jackets!"

I shook my head and said,

"B-because he offered...last night.."

I don't know why I got shy all of a sudden but I couldn't help myself.  Even kyoutani seemed a bit embarrassed from me mentioning it but he didn't say anything against it.

Finally Iwazumi and the coach who had been talking looked over and Iwazumi picked up a stray volleyball saying,

"Shitikawa don't make me hit you in the head again, leave them alone. I'm surprised you're not preparing more."

Preparing? For what? I knew that I would find out soon though because the coach sent a look my way that showed he would tell me later. While the guys were drinking some of their drinks and stretching the coach came over to me.

"Emma, I should have asked earlier but youre teachers already approved of you coming with us to an away match. Would you like to come?"

By now the guys had already left to do their morning jog around campus and I was surprised, an away game so early? I smiled and said,

"Oh that sounds like so much fun! When is it?"

The coach flipped through some papers on his clipboard before he said,

"We will be heading out to go to the school after the boys get back, we will be back by tonight so you don't have to worry about packing a bag"

I nodded smiling happily, this was so exciting! Now I just had one last question.

"Which school are we playing against?"

He chuckled faintly and said,

"Karasuno"