A Badboys Concern

(Emma's POV)

I had just finished getting ready for bed after calming my racing heartbeat from Kyoutanis brave act outside when I got a text from him. After reading it I laughed faintly responding with'

'Oh come on! I enjoy doing that for you and the team! But fine I'll take tonight off, night Kyoutani'

After I made sure my phone was plugged in I shut the lights off and went to bed.

When I was woken up by my alarm and getting my face licked I was a bit thrown off before laughing faintly hugging Kenta close for a minute. After turning my alarm off I managed to get up without disturbing the sweet pup who found himself a warm spot on my bed. I sent Kyoutani a good morning text before I started getting ready.

Once I finished getting ready I let Kenta out in the backyard to use the restroom and play a bit, I left my mom a note telling her I already let him out before school so she wouldn't have to worry. When I checked my phone I smiled seeing I had a text from Kyoutani.

'Morning to you too, I would've slept in if you didn't text me. I'll see you at morning practice?'

It made me smile from the question so I responded,

'Of course Kyoutani! I wouldn't miss it for the world! I'm going to bring Kenta in and then start heading out, see you then❤️'

Of course I had no idea what that text had done of course as I got Kenta inside and grabbed a jacket walking out with my book bag.

(Kyoutani POV)

I groaned to myself at first hearing the text tone go off on my phone before checking it to see the good morning text from Emma, well that's definitely better than waking up to an alarm...wait a minute I didn't even set one. Well then that's even better, I decided to text her that as well as see if she would be showing up for morning practice.

How is it possible that a response like that from her is able to make me flustered that easily? Damn she really does have an affect on me huh. I picked myself up out of bed and got ready for school actually looking forward to school now.

By the time I got to the school hardly anyone was there so I checked in the gym and found out I was early, I put my bag up and went back to the gates by the main entrance to wait for Emma. Other students that came in through the gates gave me weird looks, a few of them even muttered.

"Wonder who he is waiting on...?"

One person even wondered if someone owed me money, if they only knew who I was waiting on. Hm if she is seen with me will her reputation around the school go down? Maybe I should talk to her about keeping it within the team for now, or should I get Iwazumi-senpais input? I leaned back against the wall going back and forth with the thoughts in my head till I heard some girls whispering excitedly about Oikawa coming.

By the time Oikawa and Iwazumi got through the gates it was easy to pull him aside and away from the fangirls surrounding his friend, so I started out with.

"I need some advice."

He leaned back a bit and nodded for me to continue.

"I don't know if I should talk to emma about keeping our relationship just within the club for now as for who knows it, or if we should let it be known around the school or not."

He raised an eyebrow and just asked,

"Why would you keep it as a team only knowing thing?"

He had to be joking, right?

"She has a good reputation that she could want to keep up, if she's known around the school to be dating me it might go down. I don't want to be the cause of that."

He shook his head a bit smiling slightly and said.

"You've known her for how long Kyoutani? Does she seem like the kind of girl to care if her reputation changes if she is happy? Either way I would say you need to tell her what's been on your mind."

I nodded a bit in understanding taking in what he said before he left with Oikawa to go to the gym. I turned around to go back to the gate just as she walked in and looked around, once she spotted me walking over she got this happy smile that helped ease some of my nerves. How was she this happy in the morning? Did I cause her to have a smile that early in the morning?

(Emma's POV)

The walk to school had been pretty boring without anyone to talk to, but thankfully I got there fast enough to withstand my own boredom. Walking through the gates I looked around in time to see Kyoutani walking over, I can't help that I smiled as he got closer remembering last night. Something seemed off though so I asked,

"Hey, is everything okay?"

He shook his head a bit before explaining everything he and Iwazumi had talked about before I showed up adding in,

"I just...don't want to be the reason your friends leave, because they're scared of me Emma"

I listened to what he had to say, it was sweet but also a bit sad that this was some of the first things he thought of. I held one of his hands saying,

"Kyoutani, it's so sweet of you to worry about something like this but I could care less about what they think, you make me happy. So what if they see you as someone I don't fit with, I think we fit together and honestly I would love to be open about our relationship. Let someone try to tell me who I should and shouldn't be with."

He gave me a small smile and said,

"That is one of the more tough things I've heard you say Emma"

I laughed faintly and took my chance leaning up and kissed him, slowly and gently holding the hand that had been free. I could feel him tense up at first before he kissed back making my heart flutter with excitement.

Even though I didn't want to I pulled away slowly smiling, I faintly blush spreading across my face as I said,

"Thank you, now come on bad boy you've got morning practice to get to."

With the tips of his ears turning a bit pink he let out a small chuckle and squeezed my hand lightly while leading me to the gym for their early morning practice, through the crowds of students who whispered about the surprising new couple. They were sure to spread the news around but I couldn't care less.