An afternoon around town

(Emma's POV)

I heard when he said we needed to talk about what happened but for some reason I felt worried, not scared but worried. What if because I only yelled at him he figured it out? I managed to look him in the eyes as he said,

"We need to talk about what happened emma, you never yell like that. So were you just yelling at me cause I stole the ball a lot or just for the teams sake?"

I was surprised and looked at him confused.

"What do you mean? Of course I was mad because you kept stealing the ball! You were doing so good with practice matches! Then we go against a different school and suddenly you're back to being the unpredictable man on the court!"

Surprisingly enough he didn't say anything and just kept his gaze down while I vented my anger finally getting to speak my mind. Unknown to us though the boys had hidden around the corner to listen to what we would say. Since he didn't say anything I couldn't hold back.

"And since when have you gotten into the mindset of letting little things get to you when youre on the court! I saw your swing it was controlled but you changed it!"

I huffed crossing my arms, I knew some of those things might have been exaggerated but I was so heated that I hadn't cared for the moment. When it looked like I was done he finally spoke up,

"I acted that way cause they were talking about you and it pissed me off."

I felt my heart flutter a little bit, did that mean what I thought it did? I wanted to get a little more information, to at least get him to talk some more but I don't think he will on his own.

"Wh-what...?"

He just looked away muttering,

"You heard me..."

I nodded slowly thankful that he wasn't looking at me cause my face had gone a noticable pink.

( Kyoutani's POV)

When she had started scolding me it felt more serious then when Yahabi did it. Maybe it was because she had an outside viewpoint from the game but had a connection to us as our manager? Eitherway, she let her feelings be known and she wanted answers. So I told her what happened that made me mad, even if it was embarrassing to me. What she didn't know was that I could see her blushing, did this mean she liked me or just like the compliments?

I shook my head internally, she wasn't that type of girl to just take compliments. Something caught my eye to make me look over and to my complete embarrassment I saw that the team, or at least the 3rd years were spying on us! Wanting to keep her from noticing and to just escape this situation in general I said.

"So is there anything you want to do while we are here?"

At this she smiled and said,

"Well yeah actually, I wanted to go look for a pet shelter."

I hummed faintly and said,

"So you guys finally started to be able to move on to getting another one?"

Some people thought me and Emma didn't talk much, but when we were younger our parents used to live really close to each other and we got along well. I remember hearing about a year ago that their dog had to be put down, she was so heartbroken after that I knew it would take her a bit to come to terms with it. Im glad she was able to, so I hummed faintly and nodded in understanding before saying.

"Well lets go then...I'm glad you're feeling up to this Emma."

I figured the 3rd years would be surprised that we actually knew each other, but she just smiled at me in a way that almost said thank you and we started walking.