[1]- 별이 빛나는 밤

1717 AD

A typical spring night sky, devoid of clouds, enveloped by a star-studded veil.Millions of stars glimmering against the purple, blue and black hues of the night sky.
The whole environment- Serene, Calm and Beautiful,with subtle blowing spring breeze.Comfort enveloping over it like a blanket.

The celestials in the sky- all of them seemingly had so much within them! Different stories to tell, their light penetrating through the atmospheric blanket.
The moon,just like the king of the night, shone it's light upon the gravelly paths of dense forests of Caratland.The night sky being a perfect scenery for stargazers.

People always related stars with their long gone loved ones.
Children who lost their guardians at tender age always seemed to be deeply engrossed in stargazing, as if their parents were narrating bedtime stories from the heavens above!
Separated lovers..seemed to converse by secretive telepathic means,their eyes clearly showing signs of longing and melancholy.
The stars twinkled and glimmered a little too brightly against the night sky,from time to time..as if the loved ones were gazing back at them..trying to communicate..with same adoration and love..as if the loved ones through the stars were indicating..that they missed them too..they missed the liveliness of being in flesh and bones..that they missed being alive with their beloved!

The sparkle of stars dimmed occasionally,as if it was time to say goodbye..human relations,emotions,feelings and hope, can be so theoretical..yet so organic.

It was not surprising that star-studded constellations were the most beautiful part of the night sky.Crystal clear patterns of stars..which were oh-so-traceable by fingers,each holding some significance and their own share of beauty in the blue-black night sky.

But there was a single cluster of stars in the taurus constellation of the northern skyshone especially brightly- The Pleiades cluster.

Can anyone ever take a shining cluster if stars as warning sign?
Probably not! Anyone would think of it as a mere piece of beauty,an eye candy for stargazers.

Some things..
are sometimes..
too good to be true!

Time passed by, approaching dawn;the sky lightening up little by little,a hue of serenity washing over the dawn sky. The scenery differing from the yesternight..but one thing remained hauntingly constant-the shine of Pleiades cluster in the Taurus constellation.

What seemed to be picture perfect scenic beauty, seemingly too good to be true, was not really as aesthetic at it seemed; as what appeared to be a shimmering little shooting star from far away, was nearing towards the surface. The shining little shooting star star was nothing more..but a METEORITE.

The meteorite was not just a small one to impact the surface leaving a mere crater on it!
It was the actual carrier of destruction, the bearer of an apocalypse- an absolute monstrosity.The meteorite was coming, piercing through the atmosphere,approaching from the northern sky from the direction of that same glimmering Pleiades cluster,shining bright as diamonds.

The meteorite was approaching!

It was nearing!

Getting closer!

Closer!

CLOSER!