[4]-왕실

Kwon Sooyeol.
Even though he was notoriously known as the "Destroyer of Joseon Empire", in reality he wasn't like that, he was a kind-hearted person.

His nature, his character, his whole persona was the stark opposite of his false-formed image. To establish an empire, one has to become selfish, one has to fight battles and destroy other kingdoms. In order to strengthen his legacy, a king has to lament whatever is obstructing his path to victory and. To achieve power and possession, a king should destroy everything.

But Kwon Sooyeol didn't have those predator tendencies. He believed in the power of truthfulness and earning victory with respect. Even though he defeated Han Minjae, the last emperor of Joseon empire to rule Seoul,  the never disrespected or degraded him or his people. After winning the battle, he welcomed Han Minjae, befriended him, thus maintaining an amiable and healthy relationship with him.
He offered him to rule Caratland which he had no authority over as it was nothing but a beautiful village with no ruler whatsoever.

However, Han Minjae, already tired of having seen blood, mourning and destruction on the battlefields for his entire life; wanted to spend the last few years of his life peacefully,  without any jealousy or competition in his head, without any blood and destruction on the warzones, without any load over his shoulders and without any guilt, remorse or regret in heart.

After Kwon Sooyeol presented his proposal, Emperor Minjae politely denied him saying that he would rather be a caretaker of Caratland than the ruler if Caratland.
He was reminded of some episodes of his past..

How he was so much drowned in blood lust,

How he was so hungry for victory and power,

How he had the greed of invasion,

How he tried to attack Caratland,

How an invisible divine power which shielded Caratland fired back at him causing the dismembering of his left arm,

How he was threatened and afraid for the first time ever in his whole life.

Emperor Minjae was adamant on his decision,whuch Emperor Sooyeol couldn't disrespect or even question.
So he left everything up-to him.

But before that, he made sure to host Emperor Minjae with love and respect. In a very short time, they developed a really good friendship, a warm and affectionate bonding. To Emperor Sooyeol, Emperor Minjae was his hyung since he was years ahead of him. He gave one of his finest chariots to Emperor Minjae and loaded the vehicle with some fine silk clothes and bejeweled ornaments as a gift to Emperor Minjae despite his multiple protests. Emperor Sooyeol also sent his finest architects to build the biggest hanok of Caratland as Emperor Minjae refused to live in a palace saying that he was tired of all the luxury and comfort, and that now he wanted to enjoy the senior phase of his life close to nature, playing with children, growing plants and learning to craft various beautiful items from Caratdeul.

The battle of Seoul was the last battle..

For both of them..

Kwon Sooyeol and Han Minjae.

🏰

Both the emperors were family men, with small and loving or may be not so loving families..of their own.

🏰

Han Minjae's wife passed away while giving birth to their only son, Han Seong-so.
Emperor Minjae saw him as his successor, the ambitious, victorious and successful ruler of Seoul.He thought that Seong-so will become like him when he grows up; invading and conquering dynasties.