[2]-봄과 마을

1717 AD

Seoul,South Korea.

SPRING

Spring..this single word signifies beauty!
Just close your eyes and imagine spring! It's beautiful right! If spring was ever to be personified,it would be Aphrodite- the epitome of beauty.

Spring signifies colours,
Spring signifies freshness.
Spring signifies growth,
Spring signifies newness.

There is so much more to spring!
After the monotonous period of winter, spring comes along as a blow of fresh air....cool, soothing breeze, perfumed by the serene mist of blooming flowers and proliferating fruits;
newly spurting saplings,the organic smell of their green leaves diffusing into air like the scent of incense.

Sunlight filtering through the dense green canopy of giant vegetation, falling upon the smaller plants,creating little shadows which are nothing but alluring.

Bees buzzing around flowers,ready to feast upon their sweet nectar; the vibrations of their wings creating a rhythm,
birds chirping along melodiously,ready to welcome spring with open arms..which just adds more to the beauty of spring!

Spring is the period of rejuvenation, rebirth and regrowth.After the autumn which causes the dearth of vividity in nature and the winter which blankets over everything with the achromatic snow; Spring brings resurrection.

Spring-the perfect season, the season of vibrant emotions,liveliness and happiness.
It can neither remind us of destruction,nor hint towards lamentation..right?

**************************

Caratland,South Korea.

VILLAGES.

They are small, they are not ahead of cities..
but still,it is undeniably true that villages are the most beautiful places on the entirety of earth.

Villages may be simple, yet so heavenly.The feeling of being and living in a village is nothing less but delightful.Not-so well built roads, small houses, cropfields, ponds and lakes, gardens and forests; a village is the complete package of pure bliss.

Villages connect people with nature,villages make them realise the beauty as well as the powers and importance of nature - and hence why there is something about villages which cities can never have.

Caratland is one of such beautiful villages.Located about 17 miles away from Seoul,which was way more developed and ahead of its time, Caratland was well known for its alluring beauty!

It was a small yet prosperous village.Its golden-ochre soil and abundant vegetation in gardens and forests, as well as along roads and besides the houses were the primary visuals.The whole Caratland was famous for its gardens, which are the miniature representation of heaven- Mother Nature and its beautiful elements captured in modest ranges. Lakes decorated with white & pink lotuses, water lilies and hyacinth; concrete pavilions bordering the aquatic reservoirs; carnations, charming cherry blossoms and many other flowering tress growing along the boundary of those pavillions; terraced flower beds, enhancing the exquisiteness of those gardens.

Traditional gardens have always been a part of the Korean culture and history, but the gardens of Caratland were unique, for they had the trees which were found nowhere else in the world; known for their speciality to bear two different yet charmingly delicate flowers- ROSE QUARTZ and SERENITY. This was surprising yet amazing how a single tree could bear two dissimilar kinds of flowers,their hues nowhere matching each other, still they never failed to serve to the eyes of people.

It may seem anomalous yet the tree was considered holy and sacred, hence was worshipped by Caratdeul, the villagers of Caratland.

Caratland was a pretty little happy village. It was edged by small hills continuing downhill to the dense forests which outlined the rest of the village.With approximately 17 thousand people inhabiting thousands of hanoks, Caratland was a pretty populated place.
Caratland was known for its beautiful lakes and pools, dense forests and aesthetically pleasing gardens.

Houses in Caratland were small yet nice-looking. People in Caratland were professed in various vocations,but most of them mastered in arts and crafts.
People in Caratland always had special love and respect for art and all of its forms. Culturally, Caratland was richer than any other neighbouring village of Seoul. Caratland was an independent village, not even the Joseon dynasty was able to invade that village despite multiple attacks.
Legend has it that the village is protected by some divine, godly powers.No one knows about the source of powers; some people assume it to be the Pleiades cluster of the Taurus constellation, while some thought of the holy ROSE QUARTZ and SERENITY tree as the source of those powers.
Whatever be the source of those powers, whatever was shielding them from any harm or destruction,Caratdeul always thanked their lucky stars for keeping them safe.

Caratland had many many households. Joint families inhabited the majority of them, but there were some nuclear families too. The daily life of Caratdeul was initiated by the first few rays of the sun peeking through the windows of their hanoks. After the usual pandiculations, people prayed and thanked Mother Nature whom they treated as a goddess; for waking up safe and sound to welcome yet another day without any harm or bother. After completing mundane chores, people went off to work, hawkers wandering through roads and alleys as well as stopping by houses to sell food items, handicrafts and other cheap materials.The marketplace of Caratland always remained busy, with people buying and selling various groceries and other products of daily need.
But since Caratdeul appreciated art to the core,the handicraft stalls always remained the most crowded.

The craftsmen were the richest people in Caratland,as they not only sold their items in their own village, but exported them to Seoul too. Trade,exchange and cultural relations between Caratland and Seoul were seemingly healthy. Caratdeul had forgiven the king of Seoul despite his multiple attempts to invade and capture Caratland.But relations between Caratland and Seoul were seemingly good, because Caratland always lent a friendly hand towards Seoul.

But all that glitters is not gold! The emperor of Seoul was vengeful towards the former, for he craves just one thing..

POWER!

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Things will now get serious from here. Possible conspiracies and apocalypse is coming.
Also I'd like your suggestions regarding who should I crown as the king of Seoul.
I was thinking of-
1.GD
2.KEY
3.HEECHUL
Feel free to leave more suggestions.