𝐎𝐍𝐄. awkward

𝘈𝘞𝘒𝘞𝘈𝘙𝘋.

It wasn't that he was unmotivated or tired, it just happened to be one of those days where boredom dragged him into the couch cushions and wouldn't let him up

It wasn't that he was unmotivated or tired, it just happened to be one of those days where boredom dragged him into the couch cushions and wouldn't let him up. It was also one of those days everything and everyone was irritating.

Looking at the new posts on his Scroll didn't ease the boredom, and seemed to make him even more angry. Sure, the content was wonderful, but the absence of any new messages slowly turned his blank face into a fuming mess.

"Hey, chief," the sudden voice of a middle-aged woman using modern day slang caused Miles di Angelo to jump in his skin. He quickly settled back down, and decided to keep his emotionless focus on the video before his eyes. "Where's Pyrrha been lately?"

Olivia di Angelo meant well, Miles knew that. She always had the best for him in her mind. But with the simplest of four words, his mother was instantly on his bad side. He huffed in annoyance, his thumb still swiping across the screen.

"I haven't seen her in like a week," Miles scoffed. "And she takes forever to answer my messages."

It was quite obvious he was annoyed and bored. With the conversation, with the world, and with this situation. And God, he never could get bored of Pyrrha, but he sure was annoyed.

One's girlfriend was not supposed to ignore them for seven days straight.

Not that Olivia would know, for she was not the best with relationships. She had been in love with Miles' father once but that had been more of a teenage infatuation, which had resulted in a teenage pregnancy.

That is why she patted her son's shoulder awkwardly, before shuffling away with a farewell nod.