𝐓𝐖𝐎. dust til' dawn

𝘋𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘛𝘐𝘓' 𝘋𝘈𝘞𝘕.

"My mom didn't give me that much," Miles noted, throwing the packet pack down as he glanced at the ridiculous price stamped on the back

"My mom didn't give me that much," Miles noted, throwing the packet pack down as he glanced at the ridiculous price stamped on the back. He caught eyes with the old cashier in the front of the shop, who shrugged casually. Inflation. The teen would get over it quickly, for Dust til' Dawn had always been his favorite convenience store.

"Then put the dust back," Aaron Bancroft offered, eyes focused on her scroll and basket held loosely in her limp arm. Her gaze turned to him, as he contemplated his options carefully. "Do you really need it right now? I thought your final wasn't for another month."

"It's not for me. It's for Pyrrha, since she's always training." Miles' best friend rolled her baby blue eyes. She easily caught the twinge of fury in his tone.

Aaron reached over to pick up a large box of assorted candies, knowing just how to persuade him. "Yeah, well I want this so you better make up your mind." Miles frowned, glancing at the red crystal in his hand. "We came here to get snacks for the sleepover anyways, why are you even bothering with getting that for Pyrrha. If she wants some then she has the money."

Miles knew that his best friend did not hate his girlfriend, but that she was simply irritated at the fact that he was being hurt because of the redhead's actions. And he couldn't agree more.

"Okay, fine. I have an extra $20 then." He stormed off to hand the crystal to the old man, who nodded his head sadly at the thought of a lost sale. "She doesn't deserve it anyways; this isn't how a relationship works! It needs communication on both ends!"

"God, I should really take relationship advice from you."

"How would I give it to her anyways? She's probably so busy, that she won't even show up!"

While his tone suggested anger, Miles couldn't help but feel saddened by the thought.