𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. furniture

𝘍𝘜𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘛𝘜𝘙𝘌.

"What if it rains, Dad? All of our furniture will be ruined," Aaron pointed out, hard glare set on the piles of stuff on the back deck

"I'll put a tarp on them," he responded lightly. "Which I need to find. For now, worry about what's left." The father left the room, using his tactile senses to make it around the house (for his eyes had failed him long ago).

"Your dad said fuck sitting rights," Miles di Angelo hummed, moving to the couch. He braced his feet against the floor, before pushing against the armrest. Aaron joined him, pulling on the other side.

"Hopefully he gets the remodelling done soon so I'm not holed up in my room."

Time passed by very slowly, but every second that ticked on the nearby clock was another second that Miles felt his heavy heart become heavier. The snacks that the two teens had bought sat on the kitchen counter, the plastic bag crinkling ever so often as it settled into place.

"Aaron, the door!" Her father suddenly shouted, alerting the friends who had been conversing a few moments prior. They stood still, a big glass dresser halting in its scraping across the floor. Sure enough, small and quiet knocks sounded from down the steps.

"Go get it," Aaron pushed Miles, who groaned apathetically. "Tiger and Grasshopper are outside." The girl continued to push at the heavy cabinet (it didn't move in the slightest), while the boy bounded down the small staircase and swung the door open.

He expected a neighbor or maybe the mailman, but instead felt his eyes widen at the person before him.

Pyrrha Nikos stood still, her lips quivering in a nervous smile. A dufflebag was slung across her back, made obvious by the way her hands were clenching the strap settled between her breasts.

"Um, I apologize for my tardiness," she hummed, "but I hope I'm still welcome?"

The question was not meant to guilt Miles, and it didn't. It was a sincere inquiry, one that would not be a surprise if the answer was no. What did seem to trip the boy up was the way her eyes sparkled, matching the quirk of her lips.

Miles felt the multiple questions subside, being stored away for when the time felt right. It didn't bother him much. The girl in front of him meant no harm, and no malicious vibes came from that face.

He opened the door a bit wider, letting her step across the threshold. They exchanged a quick kiss, before Pyrrha jumped into action to help the struggling Aaron.