Chapter 33: Spilt Blood

I meant for this chapter to be longer but this is all I could publish for now. Sorry😖 Hope you enjoy!  ~Nova

Xion was the first to make a move, speeding head on at a surprised Roxas. The blonde quickly blocked the oncoming attack.

'As expected from someone of her species of power.'

Roxas went to kick her in the stomach, sending her flying backwards. Luckily she cast an aereo spell to soften the impact before harshly colliding with one of the stone pillars.

"You okay?" Roxas worried he had actually hurt the ravenette entrantress.

Xion stood, beaten up and slightly bruised, but not the least bit winded. "Never better!"

An exciting energetic rush went through Roxas before the two of them clashes once again. The floors and walls all cracked underneath them. By now most of the members had come down to see what all the noise was about.

"Hey! XIII is fighting a newbie!"

"A fourteenth member?"

"Maybe this time Roxas will finally lose to someone in a one on one."

Roxas jumped back away from Xion, and summoned 3 pillars of light straight at her. They cut cleanly through anything in their path, the blinding amount of light emitting from them made it nearly impossible to pinpoint their location. Xion quickly dodged to the side as they rushed past her to crash into the wall instead. The ravenette summoned a gallon of water, turning them into sharp spikes of ice. Sprinting full speed straight at the blonde, she swung her keyblade at him as the spikes of ice all rained down at him. Xion was sure that she had him, when her attack was blocked by Roxas' own keyblade, oblivion. Beams of light shot out from him, dispatching the ice, turning them into specks of icy dust.

Roxas was just about to cast a spell, when Xion gave him a swift kick to his back. The blonde nobody smashed into the wall, causing dust to envelope most of the surrounding area. To any normal human, it would most definitely be a lethal blow. But none of them were normal, instead trained supernatural beings trained to be skilled assassins. None of the members were surprised when Roxas casually walked out, unscqthed. Not a single scratch or bruise marred his skin. Stretching, he smirked and stared directly at Xion.

"Finally, a challenge."

---

Roxas stood in between of Xemnas and Xion. Axel was behind him. They all looked down intently at the once calm castle grounds.

He and Xion had been on even ground, both with a fair chance of winning against the other. Xion had almost even overpowered Roxas. However, in the end he had come up victorious. Roxas had more experience and drive to keep Xion busy, sending attack after attack over and over again. Eventually Xion tired out, and Roxas used this to catch her off guard. Xion was forced to surrender, declaring Roxas the winner.

Roxas oddly felt sick and nauseous, watching the kingdom's forces set up in front of the castle. The blonde assassin suddenly was very grateful that Xemnas had all of the members wear their hoods up. Whenever he imagined Sora's face when the poor brunette prince found out that he was actually with the enemy, his heart clenched painfully. Roxas wasn't ready for that yet.

Butterflies flew freely flew all around in his stomach. His skin itched and his mouth was dry. Usually Roxas was never this nervous right before battle. It could lead to hesitation that would get you killed.

As the palace knights had just about finished getting into position, Xemnas raised his left hand and millions of heartless spilled out from dark corridors, heading straight towards the castle. Roxas tried hard not to look any of them as some passed by. He hoped that this time they wouldn't turn on him.

Xemnas leaned down so he was level with the blonde whispering, "I don't want not one step out of line. You know the consequences XIII." Roxas gulped and nodded, the twisting feeling in his stomach increased making him want to puke.

One by one all the members started to make their way down to the battlefield, hoards of heartless following suit.

"Hey are you okay Roxas?" Xion came up behind him, lightly squeezing his hand in comfort. She knew that the chance of not seeing one of their friends in combat were slim. This sadly included Sora.

"Yeah I'm fine. I can figure something out." Roxas assured her, offering a small smile, before pulling away to group up with all the other members in front of the castle and it's armed forces.