Day on Olympus

The sun was brightly reflecting the shining halls of the throne room of Olympus, which as usual was ringing from the remainder of the shouting matches that had taken place there.

Athena it seemed, was currently educating "barnacle beard" a.k.a. Poseidon about the proper etiquette, which he argued that he already knew.

The King of the Skies and the Lord of the Dead were fighting about who was eldest.

 Zeus supported his argument saying that spending time in "ol' pop's" stomach didn't even count."

Hades replied, "Why, you mindless cretin, being in dad's stomach doesn't mean I didn't age or wasn't alive, even if I didn't appreciate the amount of food he gorged on! Honestly, I think your wife's starting to affect you."

Artemis was complaining to her Aunt Hestia about how the time father allowed her to meet her mother was getting lesser and lesser. Hestia only nodded absentmindedly while staring disapprovingly at the rest of her family.

Artemis was quick to notice and followed her glance.

"It's astonishing how they can fight like this after all these millennia. It has almost become a ritual, gathering here on the Winter Solistice, year after year, doing nothing except fight with each other" Hestia said with a deep sigh. "One of these days I am sure to lose my patience with them, and trust me, it won't be good."

"I agree with you Aunt Hestia, their combined voices disturb the peace. And their arguments have become so repetitive that I can tell you what Father is about to say to Uncle Hades"

Artemis puffed her chest and purposely deepened her voice " I know, let us settle this with a drachma toss. Winner has bragging rights.

Just as she said, Zeus's booming voice filled the room " I say, let's settle this the old way, Brother. A coin toss and the winner gets boasting rights.

Hestia watched amused as her Niece's voice took on another change. 

"Of course brother, that is very fair. Leave it in the hands of Tyche, who I know is trying to please you these days." Artemis's facade of her Uncle's sinister and oily voice fell as she erupted in a fit of laughter. Similar words echoed in the room after this.

"Something has to change," said Hestia when they had both finished laughing.

All the while Apollo and Hermes were discussing the most effective way of pranking 'Uncle P ' so that all the blame would go to Ares, who was as of now snogging Aphrodite, whose 'Occasional Husband', Hephaestus was busy uploading a video of Dionysus in one of his drunken frenzies on his Phoenix account.

Hera seemed to be innocently reading a book,  and only if you were observant enough to notice, the title went as such, "20 Ways To Punish An Unfaithful Husband". One could only pity the King of gods, as his wife's eyes brightened with new vigor. The look on her face could only be described as homicidal, mouth upturned in a grin of cruelty, head tilted as she thought all the benefits that could be reaped while her husband was in the palm of her hand.

Demeter was, it seemed, muttering to herself while munching on a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. A curious ear or two could often hear her murmuring of how poor Kore was stolen from her by that 'disgusting corpse breath'. One day she would have her revenge. She stole a glance towards her bickering brothers and chuckled, a plan already hatching in her brain.

A/N: Hello, readers, this is the first and last for you....

... Just kidding.

So do you like it??

Peace Out!

Edit: I made a huge change after I read this. It was seriously so cringe *throws up hands in defeat*, but I think its better and longer now. So, enjoy and don't be a stranger.