7. Jeongchan - A Wizard's Strength

Ship: Jeongchan (Jeongin X Chan)

Genre: Sad uwu

Words: 1,1K

~•~

Jeongin ran. Tears streaming down the apples of his cheeks. Behind the building, that his school was, he sat down on the filthy ground and hugged his knees to his chest as he kept on sobbing. His whimpers were loud, but he didn't care.

"Are you okay?" He heard coming from the way he turned the corner himself not long ago. Jeongin quickly stopped his loud sobs.

"I'm fine!" He screamed out, his voice cracking at some point. He didn't want anyone to see him like this.

"I see you are crying. How can you be fine?" The boy said. Jeongin finally recognised the voice. Before he could tell the other to go away the boy was already crouching down in front of Jeongin.

"Chan, please don't do this. Just go," he whimpered. His voice a desperate whisper when he stared the other in the eyes with actual puffy puppy eyes. Chan cooed and quick were his hands to gently land on Jeongin's red cheeks, cupping them.

"Please don't cry. Tell me what made you upset," Chan's eyes were glazed over while he kept on caressing the younger's cheek.

Jeongin was conflicted. They had a fight not long ago. He thought it was over when he walked out of Chan's house last Friday. It was Wednesday by now and Jeongin had long lost hope for them to make up, but here he is standing in front of him again. Caring as ever.

Now Jeongin thought about it. He'd been enduring this since Monday when they noticed Chan wasn't with him.

"They made fun of me..." Jeongin's voice faltered. He didn't dare to finish the sentence and Chan noticed Jeongin's gaze was lowered. He didn't have enough courage to look the other in the eyes.

A silence fell as the blond waited for the boy to continue. Meanwhile Chan kept caressing the younger's cheek with his thumb in an encouraging manner. The silence was dragged on. Them stuck in the same position.

Jeongin somehow found the lost courage in the black pit of his guts and gazed up into Chan's eyes, "They called me weak for liking boys."

Jeongin's eyes glazed over and contrasted the dark flames of rage in Chan's eyes that had taken over him. Jeongin felt the scar under his fringe throb and guilt settle in his stomach as he may not have lied, but still didn't spoke the full truth.

Chan softened again gazing at the frail looking boy that pushed his cheek slightly more into the blond's palm. His eyes closed as he sank in the warm comforting feeling of the other's hands.

Chan let his other hand wipe away a single tear that rolled down the boy's cheek and went further past his fringe which got slightly pushed to the side and he would've gone further if he hadn't noticed a small scar decorating Jeongin's forehead. He froze in place. It seemed recent.

Jeongin noticed the elder's sudden halt of movement and opened his eyes to see Chan staring right at his guilt-maker. His mouth opened and closed and opened again. He wanted to say something, but he didn't know what exactly. He needed to come clean, he had that urge, but by the way Chan stared at the scar he knew that the truth was out.

To his surprise the blond didn't touch the subject of the reason for this mark, "You know how Harry Potter had a scar?" His voice sounded. Jeongin was taken aback by his words. Why would he suddenly mention a fictional character? He nodded his head nonetheless.

The hand on the younger's cheek fell a bit down to cup his face and for a moment he missed the warmth of the elder's palm. Chan's other hand covered up the scar with the brunet's fringe as he whispered in a soft and so gentle tone that it seemed he was scared to break a very thin glass wall that Jeongin was.

"That scar showed how he had experienced something that forever changed his life and while it affected his whole life, you don't have to. You don't have to let the scar or the reason for it bother you. Harry Potter had chosen to let the reason behind the scar bother him for life or more like, the reason for it chased him around. The scar only shows how strong you've been to survive that."

He put emphasis on the next words as kept on staring into the younger's eyes. Screaming of the kids from around the building completely blocked off and it was only them in the moment.

"It's only a battle scar. It's not the scar that matters. It's the reason and meaning behind it that counts. You're strong for having it, for bearing the memory of how it was caused. Strong for going through it just like Harry Potter did and he went on with his life because he had the power that the thought of that scar being there gave him.

"Of course, sometimes it got too much for him and that's where his friends came into play and helped him to get back on his feet more powerful than ever. So I'm here for you. If bearing the scar gets too much for you, I'm always here, ready to engulf you into a big hug and protect you from the outside until you feel ready to step back into the cruel reality that we're living in."

While Chan was completely serious, Jeongin just couldn't stop from bursting a smile and while Chan questioned why he did so, he didn't question why he himself did too. He knew why. The younger's smile was the warmth of the sun after cold days that you felt massage your scalp.

Jeongin leaned forward only to half leap onto Chan, engulfing him into a promising hug. The blond fell on his knees from when he was squatting by the impact of the younger's weight on him and he was quick to put his arms around the boy, pulling him closer and into his lap.

Jeongin nuzzled his face into the crook of Chan's neck and took a big sniff. The familiar scent of Chan's cologne made him feel safe and at peace. Chan's hand found home at the back of Jeongin's head, buried in his brown locks.

"Thank you, Channie," he whispered, his breath tickling the elder's neck. The blond had taken this as them having made up by hearing the nickname leave the boy's lips.

Chan turned his face to leave a kiss on top of Jeongin's head, "Anything for you, kitten."

~•~

// guess who decided to finally write something again _(┐ε:)_

Thank you for the 2K views UWU