8. Hyunin - If I Killed Someone For You

Ship: Hyunin (Hyunjin X Jeongin)

Genre: Angst

Words: 721

~•~

Hyunjin didn't hesitate to knock on the door. Neither did he have to wait long till it was opened.

"Hyunjin?" surprise sounded in his voice, "What are you doing– Is that blood?!" He noticed. Before he could answer Jeongin, he was already dragged inside. The younger led him to the bathroom and started to examine him.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He voiced his concerns.

Hyunjin smiled, "It wasn't me that got hurt, but I'm glad you worry for my wellbeing." Jeongin's complexion turned pale. He wasn't sure if he heard it correctly. It wasn't him?

"Did someone else get hurt?" He asked cautiously. Hyunjin's smile widened. He knew Jeongin would get it. He knew he would understand.

"Remember that kid who kept annoying and clinging to you?" He replied with a question, peering excitedly into the younger's eyes. Jeongin felt as if his life was getting sucked out of him. Cold sweat broke out all over his body along with a shiver.

"You mean Seung- Seungmin?" Jeongin was scared to hear the answer. He didn't want to know, because by the way Hyunjin looked he could guess something bad was about to be thrown into his ears, but he also needed to know. Not a lot of people knew, but Seungmin is his boyfriend who's just a tiny bit annoying at times.

Hyunjin nodded enthusiastically. Jeongin felt his adrenaline level rise already. Why was Hyunjin all bubbly? It was incredibly disturbing and no one can deny the fact that having blood over you that doesn't belong to you is something to be excited or even be happy about.

Jeongin awaited the prolonged answer to his question.

"I killed him." His voice was full of confidence. His lips smiling innocently. It didn't add up. Was he playing a trick on Jeongin? But somewhere inside his guts believed what had just left his lips and he felt the sour and gross food he had had not long ago bubble up his throat.

Hyunjin took the younger's reaction as if he didn't believe him, "I'm telling the truth! Didn't you want him gone? Wasn't he annoying?" Jeongin's eyes prickled as they glazed over. He didn't want to believe that his friend killed his boyfriend.

And Hyunjin kept on smiling, but he seemed to be hesitant now. He started to second guess his actions. He did what's right, didn't he?

As if on cue the news on the tv sounded, "Kim Seungmin, aged 19, was found dead in the forest, just outside the city. It seems he was killed with a slash to his throat. Further investigation is being done."

Tears fell, heart clenched and he quickly broke into a run towards the toilet and threw up. It was true. He didn't want to let it sink in.

Hyunjin killed Seungmin. His boyfriend's killer was his friend and was right before him. What is he supposed to do? He didn't know.

He heard footsteps and a worried voice spoke, "Are you okay, Jeongin?" Hyunjin crouched down next to the younger boy and rubbed his back, which made Jeongin only feel worse. Those hands had killed his boyfriend. He threw up again and when he was done he quickly swatted Hyunjin's hand and scooted away.

The older boy's face decorated a frown. He was clearly confused and hurt. "Don't touch me. Go away. Leave," is all Jeongin said in a hurried tone. He was scared. Hyunjin didn't understand why.

"Why do you want me to leave? Have I done something wrong...?" He was cautious and Jeongin almost felt like jumping on him for being so psychotic.

"You've killed Seungmin! You're a psychopath! Get out!" He screamed this time and Hyunjin flinched with every sentence.

"But wasn't he bothering you?" The older boy still didn't understand.

With wide eyes full of terror Jeongin whispered, "Get out before I call the cops on you."

How much the threat real was was questionable. Jeongin wanted to call. It was his boyfriend he killed for fuck's sake. But he was still his friend he knew for almost his whole life. He didn't want anything to do with him anymore, but he just couldn't rat him out.

Hyunjin slowly stood up. His head low, a sad expression formed on his pretty face. He took a glance at Jeongin and left.