Second death

Hayabusa's POV:

Ever wondered that if you could change one thing about you, what would you choose?  Well, the only thing that i want to change is me. 

See, all my life i've known one woman, and all my life i've loved her deeply. I still love her too but i know that she doesn't feel the same for me anymore. 

And why should she? I mean i'm the one who left without telling her the truth. i'm the one who disappointed her first and i don't want to apologize either because what i did cannot be forgiven and i clearly know that too. 

So that's why i decided to follow her around as soon as i defeat that betraying piece of shit. As soon as i'm done with my mission, i'll complete my the one mission i'd always known; to protect her and be what she wants me to be. 

So after i defeated the weak piece of shit, i went straight to find where she is. 

The first place i went was her home. The home we both played in. I remember how her mom used to teach her how to make sushis and Kagura used to make them for me. 

I longed for her sushi. I longed for that loving eyes and her caring nature. I longed for everything i destroyed. EVERYTHING. 

But i went to her home and nobody was there. Her mom told me that she was gone and that she was really heartbroken after i left. She didn't tell anyone where she'd be going and had just left. Her mom was so sad she left that she started crying heavily and all i could do was pat her shoulder and tell her that i'd bring her back. 

No one knew where she's going. But her mom did tell me that she took her umbrella and had gone. Which meant.. she wanted to follow me. 

Shit.

I ran all the way to my village, then onto the Land of the Dawn. But no sign of her. After searching her for more than a month, i met Harley, a mage who was studying in The academy and asked him if he'd seen a girl with an umbrella. 

Of course he had. That's how i again searched for my beautiful Kagura, found her and decided to follow her around. And i also came to know her mission for Freya. 

First i wanted to smack the shit out of all the people who decided to put Kagura into danger. How dare they keep my woman exposed to danger! Let her live her life! But then again, just how she'd always been there for me,  i appreciated her brave attitude and went along, hiding myself in the shadows. 

Until of course, i knew that there was going to be an attack, and i left a note. Turns out she threw it in the bin. Then i realized that she didn't want anything to do with me. ORRRR she just didn't recognize my writing. She often did tell me that it looked stapled and shit but then i thought maybe she'd recognise it. But nope she didn't. 

Also, when the abyss had showed their grand opening ceremony, i had to save her. The plan was to save her only but then Harley, Akai and Layla didn't agree. Being the hero that they are, they wanted to save everyone so i had to agree too. 

But i'm kinda glad that i rescued them all. But then..

'Hello love.' I looked at Kagura, who didn't seem to bulge an inch. She definitely looked surprised. Her lips parted open and there was this sole feeling where i just wanted to kiss them but then, social awkwardness would kill both of us so i decided to keep it for the later part. 

I thought she'd be pleasantly surprised to see me but she wasn't. She looked sad and hurt and angry and disappointed. I couldn't see the love of my life looking at me like that. I scooped her in my arms, put her in a safe place, then used the arrival spell with Harley and went to the palace, i had earlier stalked her in. 

Among everything, she didn't look pleased at all. She ignored me completely. I could see the desperation in her eyes. But her behavior showed otherwise. She was cold to me and although i did deserve it, i felt even sadder. 

Her eyes were lifeless and she was struggling to get away from me. I thought she'd be happier than this. This will take a lot of time to go back to where we used to be. 

She walked away after saying that she didn't know me. And that hurt the most but then i kept steady and went after her. She was seated in a bench, looking at the cherry blossom. 

I took my mask and my blades off, kept them near my foot and sat besides her. She still ignored me completely. 

'Can we talk?' I ask her but she wasn't answering. 

'Hey?' I looked at her but she didn't even turn around. 

'Kagura please.' 

'No, HAYA PLEASE! Leave me alone. Oh wait! You already did that before!' she snapped and went away but i held her shoulder and gestured her to sit. 

'I'm not going to speak to a shithead like you who left for power and now that you received it, why the hell are you back? Go back to that girl who you spent glaring at the moonlight. Go there you jackass go!' She screamed, tears rolling down her eyes. 

'Hanabi, she's a friend.' 

'Yeah but we aren't and i don't want to be friends with you either.'

'Are you leaving?' I ask her.

She scoffed and turned back to face me. Her eyes were gleaming with hurt and pride and anger. 'GUESS WHAT? YOU THINK YOU CAN COME TO ME AFTER THREE DEAD YEARS AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE OKAY? THAT TOO WHEN YOU LEFT ME SO MISERABLE AND UNHAPPY. DO YOU KNOW HOW I DID ALL THOSE YEARS? NOPE, YOU WERE TOO BUSY WITH SOMEONE ELSE.'

'Kagura, there has never been anyone except you. And you know that.  It's true that Hanabi liked me but it's not like i like her back. I love you and it's always gonna be you.' I say sincerely. 

'hahahaha, yeah right.' She said and walked away rolling her eyes. 

I ran towards her

'What the-'

I grabbed her waist, pulled her close and held her face in between my palms and kissed her.