Bravery

Kagura's pov:

It's been six months. Six months since Ruby left. I feel so sad. The letter she wrote and kept on my table was heartbreaking and i knew how she must have felt. 

I unfolded the letter again and looked at it. 

"Dear Kagura,

   I'm sorry that i'm leaving in such short notice. This isn't what you expected but i've had enough of all of this and i need a break. I feel shattered, heartbroken and mostly betrayed. But please don't take this out on either Alucard or Miya. I now understand that i am unlovable. I feel humiliated and at some point i know it's my fault. I just need some time apart.I will come to you whenever you need me but i need this time off. I hope you forgive me for this. Be okay dear friend. I have faith that you can change the world some day."

Everytime i read this letter, i feel like a failure as a friend. 

'We've need an assassin and  a marksman.' Odette said. 

We were all sitting in the conference room. Haya had gone off to meet his friend who could stand with us. And although i haven't seen him in three days, i'm not so worried. I know he will come back to me.

'I know someone who might help us.' Zilong spoke. 'As a prefect, i'd seen a lot of people train. Gusion; he's a perfect assassin. His ultimate makes him the fastest assassin ever.Akai, since you're basically useless right now, i want you to go get him.' 

Alucard had left after Ruby had so not seeing the either one of them made me even sadder.

The night fell and i went over to the window sill, looking at the beautiful moon. Estes was sitting next to me and we both were talking about random topics. I had never talked to him as much as i did today. I told him that i missed Ruby and Haya and he gave me a reassurance that they would both come home very soon. Keeping that faith i waited. 

The next morning i woke up and went down for breakfast. It had been a week since i'd last seen Haya and now i was slowly beginning to panic. But then, he won't let me go. I KNOW THAT!

I kept everything inside bottled up and then my sad mood was immediately converted into a happy one when i was told that Alucard had found Ruby and that they both were in some Roger guy's castle. Having heard that we all planned on going there as fast as possible.But Haya doesn't know that we'll be going there. 

I quickly wrote down a letter that gave Haya the address on where we'd be and grabbed my umbrella. The thought of all the squads being a part of this was thrilling yet chilling in every way. 

We went to Roger's castle. Roger was fairly kind yet he had this hint of sadness in his eye. He did nothing to show that but something in him made me feel like he was very unhappy. Just like i was unhappy without Haya. 

Roger quickly masked his emotions and then he acted as if everything was okay. Freya and Zilong were seated near his throne and we all were a little far away. We all talked regarding the abyss and then after the plan was declared shit, we went towards the centre of the castle as one of the guards rushed over to us and told us that someone was coming with an arrival spell. 

"That must be Ruby', Roger said and he shot off first. We followed him but he was quite fast. 

'You're not welcomed here. Get out.' Roger's voice could be heard somewhere. We went towards that path and then Freya shouted

 "That's no way to treat anyone!"

"FREYA?!" I heard Ruby's voice and i ran towards my best friend. I hugged her and she hugged me back. We were all happy to be united once again. 

'Been long Alucard,' Zilong said and that seemed to shock Ruby. It shocked me too, seeing him with her. 

Just after that the talk became more and more tensed and Zilong's adopted sister talks and all of that commotion made the room grow louder. Roger's hate could be clearly seen from his face and although we chose to ignore it, i didn't fail to notice Irithel's sad face. Maybe there was something between them. 

Queen Aurora also joined in along with her army. Just then i felt a thud on the chair i was seated on. After that thud, i felt a hand covering mine. He's finally here. 

I looked at Haya and he pulled me down the chair, and quickly kissed me. I am so thankful because nobody SAW! I WOULD HAVE DIED IF ANYBODY SAW!

Then there was a discussion about the Abyss and everyone went curious about teams and there were about too many people getting involved. It's good that there were many people and many teams. We met Lunox, Hilda, Clint, Layla and too many others. I don't even remember half of their names. 

Either way i was with Haya and this poignant realization hit me. What if.. we're all going to die? This thought made me sad for a while and Haya with his hand traced mine in circles and that helped me relax. 

'We're going to be okay.' He whispered quietly and somehow that was an assurance. 

With him by my side,i know that i can defeat death too.