The Truth

Lilly's POV

We quickly pull from each other. There was sky, standing there and looking confused. I cover my face because I was probably blushing like crazy. "Hey sky. I'm guessing you're done?" He tries to keep a straight face. "Um... Yeah. I want to get home to watch the new my little pony episode." She bounces to the car like nothing happened. Once she's out of earshot, Nash and I burst out laughing. "I can't believe she caught us!!" I said. "Well.. I mean, it didn't seem to phase her. Wait until my mom hears about this." Nash smirked. My eyes widen. "No. You don't think... She won't-" I get cut off. "Yeah. Most likely sky is going to go home and run around the house saying NASH HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!" He shakes his head. I laugh with him but it really surprised me when he said "Girlfriend" I mean. We only met today. And we just.... Let's just say, connected. Like, how does that happen? I quickly forget about it on the ride home. We pull into my driveway and I thank Nash and leave the car. I'm walking to my house when I hear a car door open. I turn to look and see Nash running over to me. He stops right in front of me. "I had a great time tonight. Sky's asleep in the car so do you maybe want to... You know?" He smirks. I raise my eyebrow. "You were lucky you got one kiss, Grier." Nash scoffs "Fine." He crosses his arms. "How bout a least a kiss on the cheek. I mean, I do deserve it." I groan. "Grier, you're so stubborn." I lean to give him a kiss on the cheek and suddenly he turns his head so our lips clash. I pull away. And he winks at me. "Ugh!! Grier!!!" I try acting mad but I soon realize I'm smiling. He drives off and I open the door to my house, race up the stairs, and plop myself on my bed.

Next day

Cameron's POV

I grab my keys and climb in my keys. I roll out of my driveway and head to school. On the way, I'm thinking about a weird dream I had. I saw a deer. A pink deer in the distance. It's aura lures me to it and I try to run, except a bear was holding me back. He let go of me and started pounding to the deer, but I tackle the bear and I realize, I'm not myself. I'm a bear as well. So there we were fighting and clawing at each other when the deer leaps toward us. It puts her antlers towards us and a blast blows us away from eachother. The deer stands in the middle of us. I'm quickly drawn out of my fantasy as I almost swerve right into a car. I hear honks echoing all over me. I shake my head as if trying to shake off all of the craziness and drive into the school parking lot. I get out of my car and see Nash. "Hey!! Man over here!!" He gestures me toward him. I jog over to where he is and he starts to smile. "What?" I tilt my head. "Oh. Do I have a story to tell you!" He smiles big.

Lilly's POV

The car pulls into the drop off lane and my dad stops to look at me. "Now Lilly, how many AP classes are you taking?" My dad said sternly. "4." I say glumly looking out the window. "Hey!" My dad shouts. "HEY!!!" He yanks my head to face him. "Look at me when you talk!!" He yells in my ear. A tear rolls down my cheek. "Anyway! You should be taking at least 6 AP classes. Do you want to turn out stupid just like your mother??" His eyes narrow. "Mom wasn't stupid!! She was smarter then you'll ever be!!" I yell at him with my anger rising. "Don't talk to me like that you sad excuse for a child!!" He takes his hand and slaps it against my face. He pulls out his flask and takes a big swig of whiskey. I put my hand up to face and climb out of the car. He races out of sight and I wipe off any tears that I had. I scan the crowd and see Nash and Cameron. Maybe they'll take my mind off what just happened. I start walking up to him when I see that they're talking deeply in a conversation. When I get in earshot I can make out some sentences. "You actually did it?" Cam looks at Nash in disbelief. "Yep. I did. I kissed Lilly." He looks proud. I stop in my tracks and hide behind a tree to listen to the rest of the conversation. "So I guess we know who wins the competition." Nash triumphs. "That probably meant nothing. Dude, snap out of it. She's not into you. The contest is still on." Cam says. My fury builds up so fast I don't even process that I'm walking out of my hiding place. "So? Anything to tell me Guys??" I narrow my eyes. "Lilly!!" They say in unison. "Is that all I am? A trophy for one of Your contests??" I yell. "No. It- it's not like that lil." Cam tries to step closer. "Don't even touch me ok? I bet you do this to all the girls. Oh let's just see who can break her heart first" I mimick them. "And you!" I point to Nash. "Did that kiss mean ABSOLUTELY nothing????" Tears start blurring in my eyes. I walk past them and wipe my tears. I can hear their shouts in their distance but I do all I can to not look back.