T W E L V E

~ Chapter 12 ~

"BRO, THAT WAS FUCKING HOT," I exclaimed as I jogged up to Kabelo.

He didn't turn around; he just kept walking. I stepped to the side of him and he looked at me. "What did you just say?" I could tell he wasn't fully calmed down from that previous altercation.

"I said that was hot. Legit boyfriend material I'm looking for."

He looked away with a huge grin on his face. He must've felt too good about the fight he just had. I used to feel good when my boys complimented me after a fight. I only had two legit ones but being the popular kid, everyone just wanted to hate on me for some unknown reason. If I didn't know how to control my anger, I would've been throwing hands with everyone at that damn school.

The farther we walked, the quieter everything sounded. It almost felt like we were leaving the party behind us and that we were no longer apart of it. It was just us two, in a room with the door that I watched get closed. He let out an exhale before he turned to me. I was sitting on the gigantic bed as he walked over to me with his back hunched accompanied with a frown. When he sat down next to me, the bed bounced a bit and it made me chuckle.

I nudged him and then jumped up to make us both bounce again. He smirked; that's what I wanted to see. I did it again and then gained a chuckle out of him.

"What are you doing?"

"I was trying to cheer you up." I smiled proudly. "And it worked."

He looked away and just stared at the ground with a toothy grin. I never understood what people meant when they said that someone's smile was contagious but in that moment, I understood because his smile only made me smile harder. So I guess you could figure that when it abruptly disappeared mine did as well.

"What's the matter?"

"Jace is just a pain in the ass. I thought that after high school I wouldn't see him again." He still wasn't looking at me. "Just know we have a lot of history."

"Care to share?" He finally looked at me again. "I mean, the whole point of us hanging out was for me to get to know you more, right?"

He looked away from me again with a nod. "Yeah but I think I would much rather save that for another time. Anyway, I should warn you that Camila is probably going to have us do some crazy shit."

"I'm okay with that. I like crazy."

He turned to me and gave me a closed smile. His eyes then traveled down to my...hands? It was my hands because he grabbed them and looked at my palm.

"You were really mad, huh?"

I looked down at my hands and realized that they were a little sore from me clenching my fist. "Oh yeah, I guess I was."

"The Betty Cooper in you jumped out."

"Who?"

He chortled. "Never mind." He rubbed my palm with his soft finger and it made my skin tingle which made me giggle a bit. I guess my laugh was contagious because he did too. He then gently closed my hand in a fist and just held it. His hands were warm and it had the power to make my whole body heat up.

I then felt his shoulder on mine and for a moment I thought he was going to lie on me and for some reason I was going to let him because I felt close enough to him.

"Come in hoes!" The door swung open and Kabelo jumped to the other side of the bed and fell to the floor.

I quickly ran over to him and helped him. "Are you alright?"

He just dusted himself off and nodded. I then turned around seen a bunch of people come into the room. There was at least ten people. Camila closed the door and then turned to everyone.

"Gather in a circle my children so we can start our satanic ritual."

"Wait what? I thought we were having an orgy," some guy with a brown fro said.

"Armani, you're disgusting," Camila said.

He chuckled. "I was joking."

"Circle, now!" Camila demanded.

We all did what was told and got in a circle. I was expecting Kabelo to sit next to me but he sat two people away from me. I motioned him to come sit next to me but he just smiled and brought his attention to Camila, who stood at the head of the circle.

"So, I was thinking about doing a game of truth or dare or spin the bottle but I thought it would be better if we played 7 minutes in heaven."

"Word? I'm so down," Armani said.

The circled began to converse while I watched Kabelo shift uncomfortably in his spot. I heard someone snap at me and I looked in the direction of the sound; it was Camila. "Are you down, Alvin?"

I briefly looked over at Kabelo who mouthed, "Don't do it."

But I wasn't the one to listen so I said, "Of course! Let's do this shit!"

~x~

"How much time has passed?" The chick sitting next to me asked.

Camila checked her phone. "7 minutes but they don't need to know that. I'm not opening the door until it hits 10." Camila walked over to the closet and bagged on the door. "You two better be kissing or someone better be on their knees in there!" She sighed as she sat back down and grabbed a handful of popcorn.

While people were randomly picked, the people that sat outside just chatted about random stuff within the circle. I was learning about everyone in there but the person I came there for, Kabelo. He was as quiet as a rock. I needed to get him alone again. He went from this badass who was going to beat some guy up to this complete shy kid that would look away when he was looked at. At least when we were alone, I felt like I was getting to know him. At least then I felt like I had the chance to get to know him.

"Alright. Time is up sluts," Camila said as she opened the door.

Tia, a girl I learned about previously in random circle talk, had her legs wrapped around Armani has they were suffocating each other with their tongues. We all just watched as they made out. His hands were grabbing her tightly and man, was he a lucky guy.

"Times up!" Camila slapped the door a few times with a lot of force and that's what finally got the two away from each other.

Armani placed Tia down and they both walked out of the closet together to take their seat. Wonder who's next? It didn't matter which girl I was paired with because they all looked gorgeous so I was waiting to hear my name and-

"Alvin and Kabelo."

"Huh?" I questioned.

"You two. Go into the closet. Now."