Betrayal

AN: This is the first time I've ever written an action scene so wish me luck:)

There were many things Zelda Nomura did not do. She didn't respond to 'Zelda'; she didn't read 'romance' novels; she didn't dance the samba, no mater how often Otto sang  that silly song,(1); and  she absolutely did not flounce.

On this Thursday,  however, she ambled happily up to her eldest brother's house. Walter and  Barbara would be hosting the family dinner this  week. The new polymorph, Elizabeth,  had some strange ability to keep Gunra calmed  down and Bular went out to  prowl more nights than  not these days meaning Nomura didn't have to worry about the Gumm-Gumm Prince and Princess as much as she one had. Nomura's smile grew when she walked  threw the door and the smell of tomatoes and garlic assaulted her nose. Walter and Jim must be making a pasta of some kind.

Speaking of which, where was everybody? She had seen the kids bikes in the front. Barbara might still  be at the hospital but if the kids were home then so should Walter, Otto, and Lenora be.

Nomura stepped  into the kitchen and saw the tomatoes on the counter and lasagna noodles in a pot on the stove. There was no other sign that the three teens were in the house. Just  as she  was about to call out for her niece and nephews, she heard four voices. They were coming from the basement. 

Silently,  Nomura crept to the door and tiptoed down the  first two steps.

"I just  can't believe they traded Caire's brother with a whelp!  You should have seen her face!"

Nomura new that was the voice of her only niece, Mary. She also knew that the  kids weren't ment to know about the exchange with the  Nuñes kid. That meant Walter must have let it spill. What was troubling, however, was that the Nuñes girl knew about the exchange.

"Um, Mary,  I think that may  have been from the  GOBLINS trying to kill us..."

That was her oldest nephew , Jim.

"Yeah. And they may  have succeeded if  Papa hadn't taught me how to controle goblins."

And Toby made three.

"I still think it was foolish of you to invite her to Trollmarket."

Nomura's blood ran cold.  She knew that  voice. The pink changling crouched down to peer into the basement. She regretted it instantly and it only confirmed her fears. 

"Da said she deserves to know, Draal," Jim said, "He said he's going to talk to Blinky about it but she should be able to  visit the day after the play."

Why was the son of  the former Trollhunter in her brother's basement? Who was Blinky? And why did the kids know where Trollmarket was? She saw  Toby check his watch.

"Ficken!* Guys, we should head up. Tanta Nono's  gonna be here soon and we have to cover for Mama, Papa, and Onkel Walt."

Nomura  hurried up the stairs and out the front door. She jumped into her car and drove without anywhere in mind. Just away. Away from the Stricklers' and the Scaarbachs'.

"Stricklander knows who the Trollhunter is," she muttered as she drove, "He'ss been working with them all along. Oh Pale Lady! What if he is the Trollhunter! How long has Draal been living in his basement?"

Nomura's heart clenched painfully. It had been a while since shee had felt this emotion. It wasn't  anger. It wasn't sadness. It was BETRAYAL.

LLB

Nomura drove all threw the night and, just as the sun  was rising over the mountains, somehow ended up at the museum. She lay her forehead against the steering wheel and sighed. Leaning back andd rubbing her eyes,  she  made  her way into the building. She knew what she  had to do.