Chapter Twenty Five : My Bucket List

Ayesha's P.O.V 

"Laaallaaaaaamaaamaaaaakaaakkkaaaa!" I sing going through my Physics text book.

Well, apparently we have our exams coming up so Rayyan, Shriya and I decided to study together after college. We have our physics paper tomorrow and I'm still confused about all those stupid formulae! Physics is useless, okay?

I was bored so I decided to trouble Rayyan. 

"Shall I ask you one question?" I turned towards Rayyan with a serious look on my face.

"What?" 

"Why do we need physics? I mean, it's not that we will become doctors and ask the patients about solenoid and stuff." 

"Let me correct you, I want to become an engineer." Rayyan said with a hint of pride in his tone.

"Sounds interesting! What will you do then?" I asked inquisitively.

"Dig holes."  Shriya retorted.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah. Engineers are useless." Shriya shrugged.

"If engineers are useless,Rayyan, your wife will have a hard time!" I joked.

"You mean to say, YOU will have a hard time?" Shriya teased.

"Ye-NO!" I shot daggers at her.

"As if doctors are too useful!" Rayyan interrupted.

"They are! Who will you go to when you are sick? An engineer?" Shriya snapped.

All this while I was just looking at them and enjoying their conversation. A perfect break from studies!

"And who will you go to when your car is damaged? A doctor?" Rayyan questioned.

'How about becoming a mechanical doctor?" I said dreamily.

Rayyan and Shriya both had confused looks. Okay, I need to clarify myself.

"Like you know, you can become a doctor as well as a mechanic?" 

"Are you mad?" Shriya asked.

"Hey, she's is right! I am one mechanical doctor!" Rayyan said.

"How?" Shriya asked.

"I don't know.. Just!" Rayyan chuckled.

"You are so gay!" I teased.

"Shut up." He snapped.

"Okay."

"Will you guys let me study?" Shriya looked at us with clear annoyance.

"How about no?" We both said in unison and laughed later.

She was clearly annoyed and stomped out off the room to god knows where. You see? that's what happens when you trouble scholars. They hate it. So basically Rayyan and I were alone in the classroom doing nothing. I banged my head on the desk and groaned.

"What happened?" Rayyan asked.

"I'm super, duper, fuper, zuper, cooper bored!" I yelled looking up and again put my head down.

"Well, High five! Me, too!"

"Ayesha?" Rayyan asked rather softly.

"Hmm?" 

"I love you." He spat.

"Hm-WHAT?!?!" My head shot up and I looked at him with utter shock. Did he just say that he loves me? When did this happen? Is he lying? Or is this the tru-

I heard a loud laughter which broke me off my trance. Wait. Rayyan is laughing?

"I was kidding, idiot! You should've seen your face! You take things way too seriously!" He started laughing again.

I let out a deep breath and then threw a my eraser at him.

"You fool! Don't you dare prank me again!" I shot him a death glare. To my surprise, he started laughing again. Is he mad?

I glanced over at him once again with an annoyed expression and again banged my head on my desk.

"Okay, on a serious note. What if I was genuine?" Rayyan asked.

"I would've killed you!" 

"why?"

"You're not supposed to confess like this! You need to do this the proper way!" I partially yelled.

"Proper way? You want me to take you out on a date?" He asked genuinely.

I smiled at this. He is indeed innocent.

"No, fool! Proper way as in the halal way! You know, dating is haram right? It is not allowed!"

"I know, what is the halal way?" 

"If you love me, you go to my parents and ask for my hand in marriage! That is the halal way." I smiled, like genuinely. I feel proud of myself as I am actually explaining something Islamic to someone! Yay!

"But Ayesha, we are still too young to get married! We have more eight long years to think about marriage and stuff. Till then.. what?  What if I fall in love now? What should I do?"

"You should learn to control your feelings and if they are too strong you know, you can still ask for my hand and we can engaged and then I'm officially your fiancé and then we can get married whenever we want but still you are my non-mahram. But hey, you have an advantage! Guess what? I would never run away and you can officially call me yours!" I inhaled deeply after giving such a long explanation. I looked at Rayyan only to find him staring and smiling at me.

Creep.

"What?" I glare at him in confusion.

"You know? You indirectly just agreed to marry me." He smiled. Again, a genuine smile.

"When did I-..Woah woah! Look, I was just explaining, okay? I hadnointentiontosayanythinglikethat." I took a deep breath. "Okay, this is embarrasing.." I looked down at my feet after saying those words.

Highly embarrased.

"Hey, it's okay!" Rayyan cooed.

"Yeah!" I just shrugged it off.

"So.. where is your bucket list?" Rayyan asked out of the blue.

"Wait!" I squealed happily and rushed towards my bag to get a brown clour book which looked more like a diary.

I took it carefully and zipped my bag and ran over to the place where Rayyan was sitting.

"See this!" I said giving him the book.

"Seems interesting!" He said carefully opening the first page.

"Hmm.. so you want to play barefoot in the rain, in the middle of the street?"

"Yes! I mean it would be so awesome! I actually want to play, you know!" I squealed happily.

"We'll do it together!" Rayyan said.

"Sure!"

So one by one he started going through my wishes until he stopped at a page.

"You actually want to kiss a monkey?!?!?" He looked at me with disgust.

"Yeah, I mean It is cool, okay!" I defended myself.

"Kiss yourself!" 

"You think that I'm a monkey?" I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"No, you are a beautiful monkey." He teased.

"No!" I blushed. 

"Your wishes are weird!"

"I take that as a compliment!" I replied.

"Wish number fifteen is interesting! You want a baby boy and girl?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yes. I always dreamt of having two cute little babies with dimples! I wish they have dimples!"

"Don't worry, I have dimples so they will definitely have them!" He teased. 

"You actually think I will marry you and we will have children? Bleh. No." 

"Time will only tell!" He winked.

"Look at wish number twenty-nine, you actually want to make your in-laws hug each other? What sense does it make?" Rayyan said looking totally confused or maybe shocked.

"Rayyan, my in-laws will definitely be the homo sapiens from the 1970's and would be totally orthodox. They won't ever hug each other out of affection, trust me. So I want to make them hug, you know!" I clarified myself.

"You are a maniac!" 

"Whatever!" I mumbled.

"Listen up, mister! I have to go home! Mind giving me my book?"

"Sure!" He handed me the book and we started packing our things.

"Ayesha? I'll help you complete all your wishes. Promise." He smiled looking in my direction.

"Don't worry, I actually don't need help. I'm independent, I can do it on my own!" 

"Hey, but some of your wishes are too good! I want to help you!" He complained.

"Okay, fine!" I agreed.

We made our way towards the main gate and parted ways. He started walking in the opposite direction. On my way back I was actually thinking.. Will he really help me with my wishes? I know, I'm independant but it will be fun if I partner. Why is he so adamant in the decision of marrying me? Is he serious? Let's see, Only time will tell.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!

See my new cover? Cute, right? ^_^

Well, all the credits go to the SnapOGrapher! Well, she is the mastermind! :D

I want you all to read Lift, please? It is a book by SnapOGrapher itself! It is hilarious let me tell you! :P

So what do you think of SSTOPL so far? 

Read. Comment. Vote. Follow. :*

Happy Reading! <3 :*