Chapter Seven

Malaika ran towards the ward with Izariah and Zipporah where Theophilus had been admitted after hearing he had been stabbed an inch away from his kidney. Their feet slowed down as they saw Theo on the hospital bed with wires connected to him.

He gave his brother Izzy a strong smile, although he knew death had missed him by an inch. “What happened?” Malaika looked at Theo with worry, Izzy looked down unable to explain what had happened, Tank was the one who had stabbed Theo.

The nurse interrupted them and kindly asked for them to return during visiting hours as Theo was not stable enough to have visitors just after his operation.

The three of them left and on their way out, they froze seeing Blue in another ward surrounded by Santanna and Tank. Tank’s dark eyes met Malaika’s, Izzy couldn’t control his anger once he saw Tank, his feet stormed to Tank’s direction.

An evil smirk appeared on Tank’s face as he dug into his pockets. Zipporah knew what was in those pockets. With the help of Malaika, Zipporah held her brother back from approaching Tank. Tank sniggered and placed his finger on his lips as he disappeared out of the ward.

“Birdy why did he stab Theo?!” Izrahiah yelled at Santanna who was sitting by Blue. Blue’s pale face turned to Santanna and her eyes widened, “Birdy.” 

Santanna shook her head and tears fell from her eyes.

+++

Leading up to the situation, Theo had been released from hospital after questioning from the police. Theo hadn’t told them truth, the truth Malaika had tried to convince him to confess. He lied and Tank had got away with it. Somewhere out there, Tank was still walking the streets of Brooklyn, waiting on his next target like he always was.

Thankfully, Theo had been released in a better and recovering condition. Malaika had taken Theo into her home just like she had welcomed Izzy and his sister. The day that Blue was supposed to be released, Malaika had returned to the hospital to speak to Blue after being told about him in advance.

Blue had been recovering from substance abuse and last night he left the hospital against the doctor’s advice. She knew only one person could have helped him escape in the state he was in and Malaika had started to notice the odd things about Blue. But the thing is, it always hard to tell because Santanna was always there to stop her from getting near Blue at every chance possible. 

She was Malaika’s biggest obstacle.