Chapter Eleven

One last person was missing from the family of six and that person was Tank. He was the only person the family hadn't seen for a while and he was the person who had changed to become the worst.

He wasn't the same brother who loved his family and protected them from all the bad things happening in their life.

He was the person who had brought them together and strangely, he had tried to tear them apart, one by one. People had warned them about him on the streets and the streets talked.

Tank was an orphan and had become an orphan after murdering his parents. He had grown up a disturbed child from watching his parents do the opposite of what they taught him not to do. It affected him and had driven him to his darkest character.

They had always taught him to live by the commandments of the bible, to live right and bodly, to love God and to forgive. All those teachings came to an end when he realised what his parents were doing. And he still remembered waking up in the night as a child to see his father hiding the bodies of dead people.

Anger happens to the best of us and your response to anger is based on trusting God and mediating on His Word.

Tank had rejected God and His Word.

Job was one of several people in the bible who expressed anger at God.

Therefore I will not keep silent;

I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,

I will complain in the bitterness of my soul."

- Job 7:11

Although he had rejected His Word, he still remembered it and he could never forget it for someone who had read the bible as a child, especially Job 7:17-20,

17"What is mankind that you make so much of them,

that you give them so much attention,

18 that you examine them every morning

and test them every moment?

19 Will you never look away from me,

or let me alone even for an instant?

20 If I have sinned, what have I done to you,

you who see everything we do?

Why have you made me your target?

Have I become a burden to you?"

He was mad at the world, he was angry and mad at God and he struggled to understand why God would let all these bad things happen to him.

A Psalm of David in Psalm 22:1-2 had been his cry for years since a child.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Why are you so far from saving me,

so far from my cries of anguish?

My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,

by night, but I find no rest.

He still didn't understand why God still kept him alive and protected after all the bad things he had done.

But he always heard the same deep voice whisper that had whispered to Jonah's anger at the Lord's Compassion in Jonah 4, Is it right for you to be angry?