Chapter Twelve

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

                                           -  Matthew 28:19

In a church in Brooklyn, a special service was being held on Sunday morning Today was a day when people became baptised, even those who came from outside the church, the community and the city.

A line of people stood by the indoor pool near the stage, they were clothed in white t-shirts, trousers, dresses and garments. In the line of people was the family of six and today they were getting baptised.

Malaika gave them all a smile as she stood by a pillar holding towels.

Zipporah went first hand in hand with her older brother Izrahiah, they looked like twins with their ginger hair held in pony tails. Izrahiah kissed his little sister’s head as they got into the waters together. The pastor and ushers helped them into the deep water and they held them. A microphone was held of their heads as they introduced themselves again or mentioned their testimony.

“My name is Zipporah.” Zipporah spoke in a shy tone, Malaika gave her a warming smile.

“People might know me as Izzy, I’m Izrahiah and I’m her older brother.” The service full of people greeted them and sent their blessings in unison from their seats.

“We grew up together and we were raised by our late father who died when I was just a boy and when she was a baby. Our mother passed away when we were really young, and we after losing our father, I was the one who looked after her. My little sister is my life and my world. I love her with my heart and my soul. She’s the one who told me about this church that Malaika had invited us to. She’s the one that led me to Jesus and God. I’m thankful for her, our family, everyone that has supported us,  and I thank God for giving me this blessing of life.”

He smiled at his sister and they both nodded that they were ready.

“Zipporah and Izrahiah Malik, I baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.”

The two held hands as they were held back deep into the waters, a burden was lifted off their shoulders and a change in their lives had begun. They were taken out of the water and the first thing they did was to hug each other. The church cheered and praised. 

Theo walked forward and he was helped into the deep waters.

“Hi, I’m nicknamed Theo, my name is Theophilus. I’m 20 and I was born in Chicago. My father was a single parent and he died from a motorcycle accident. He was the only person who understood me and at the age of nine my aunt adopted me and I moved to Houston. At the age of eleven, I ran away from home and came to New York. I was living off the street and I didn’t know anyone. I met my brother Tank who took me in and looked after me. We did everything together and even through our struggle and fall outs, God still protected us and never left us. I had been living a dangerous life that had always avoided God, but he still waited for me everyday. Today is the day I’m coming back to Him. I’m thankful for my life, my family, Malaika, the woman who took me in when I was left with nothing. May God bless all of you.”

The church cheered and clapped for Theo.

“Theophilus Franklin, I baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.”

Theo felt his old character, regrets in life and his bad memories get washed away as he went down and came up from the waters. 

Theo lifted his hands and took a moment to thank God, Malaika hugged him as he came out of the waters. She wrapped the towel around him and gave him the biggest hug, “You are blessed, you are blessed.”