Chapter 12

•Percy's POV•

I knew what Luke was doing was dumb and foolish, but I just hope that he doesn't die. He can't host Kronos because his body isn't strong enough, even after his bath in the River Styx.

It isn't enough.

But, who am I to get in his way? I'm just the maiden waiting for her husband to come back from war. I'm just crying over the railing in my bathrobe and expensive jewels, waiting for my husband to come back from the war, hopefully unscathed.

Unfortunately, I'm not a girl, I'm a demigod guy who's also a part of this war and who's watching my boyfriend make the stupidest decision in his life.

Honestly, what had the world come to?! Especially this one!

"Hey, Percy?"

I pull away from my weird thoughts to focus on the one guy I love who's making the dumbest decision of his dam life.

"Yes, my one true idiotic loved one?" I ask innocently.

Luke glares at me playfully. I bat my eyes innocently.

"I have a new plan, but I need your help with it," he says, and I'm automatically all ears.

"What is it?" I ask, watching as the wheels turn in his stupidly gorgeous head.

"What if we find a different host for Kronos?" He asks me.

I stood there, floored for a minute, then slowly nod my head.

"I would greatly be on board with that idea, but who would you find to do that?" I respond.

"What if we found another demigod who's willing to become a host to an all powerful Titan Lord?"

I stared at him like he was stupid.

"No, duh you dumbass. I was asking who the fuck in their right mind would want to do that?" I ask him, watching the stupid lightbulb go off in his head.

I roll my eyes, thinking I was in love with an idiot, when a scream from behind us interrupts what Luke was just about to say.

We both whip around to see a person crawl out of Styx, skin dripping and pinker than Selena's lipstick, and collapse on the shore of the river.

I remember him as a demigod son of Ares, but his name is still lost to me.

"What in the name of Hades' backside did you do that for?!"

I glance over at Luke before leveling a concerned glare over to the dripping demigod. 

"I want to be the host. You obviously aren't going to do it, seen as you're too wrapped up in your love life to go through with it," he scoffs arrogantly.

I saw the pure rage in Luke's eyes at being dismissed, but held him back from doing something stupid.

"Okay then, bet. Do it, and make sure you don't die," I challenged, watching as the demigod snarled at me before shoving passed both me and Luke.

"Percy. What are you-" Luke starts.

"He's not going to be able to host him. His body is even weaker than yours. Even if he does make it, his body with combust within a few hours to maybe three days," I state matter-of-factly.

He blinks and shakes his head, Luke's signature smirk sliding onto his face.

"How did you ever get so smart?"

I shrug. "I didn't. It's easy enough to see. Come on, let's go. He can die and we'll be okay."

I pull Luke away from the direction what's-his-face walked in and towards a way to exit the Underworld.

••••••TimeSkip••••••

So, remember when I said that the other guy would die? Yeah, well I was entirely wrong and now Kronos is walking about in the body of someone who was apparently strong enough to host him.

"Luke Castellan and Perseus Jackson, what a surprise."

I hold back a shudder at the sound of his voice. I look over my shoulder innocently as Luke pretends to be lost in thought.

"I always knew you couldn't go through with it, Luke. You were pulling away, and I couldn't figure out why. Until now," Kronos continues, walking around until he looks Luke in the eye.

I pretend not to care that the Titan of Time is standing right in front of us, despite the fact that I'm scared shitless.

"Love. What a waste of time and an emotion," Kronos spits, some of it landing on Luke's face.

He wipes it away without a care and goes back to his pretend fantasyland.

Kronos growls, stomping away from the both of us until he's out of earshot.

"Oh my gods that was terrifying," Luke breathes, and I nod as I look at him.

"This was kind of a terrible idea," I mumble, and I hear Luke make a noise of agreement.

"So what are you going to do about it?"

Luke and I whip around to see Selena, Ethan and a few other demigods standing near the rails of the ship.

"What do you mean?" Luke asks.

"I mean, what are we going to do? Defecting from the Gods wasn't an ideal plan in the first place, but it was the only way we could gain attention from our parents. So, what now?" Ethan says.

Luke and I look at each other for awhile before looking back at the others.

"We go back."

We all look at Luke like he's crazy.

"No, I mean it. We go back, giving them information about what just happened and everything else and then pull out of the war completely," Luke explains.

"That's actually not a bad idea, but question is how we're supposed to get back. We're in the middle of nowhere on the ocean. There's no land for miles."

The rest murmurs in agreement, but I remembered something.

"Maybe not. I know that there is land about 300 miles away. We can get over there within about 5-6 hours if we're heading in that direction," I say.

"Percy, how'd you know that?" Luke asks me.

"We're still technically on water, so therefore my powers still work and I could sense how far away we are. As well as coordinates for longitude and latitude," I respond.

Everyone stares at me blankly.

"What? I'm not that stupid," I say, annoyance clear on my face.

"Okay then, we leave a midnight. We have emergency ships, so we can use those then figure out where we are once we reach land. We meet here, got it?" Selena says.

We all nod then go out separate ways. I just hope that this works. Anything that could go wrong can, but I hope that nothing will.

But, well you know. Famous. Last. Fucking. Words.