Chapter 13

•Luke's POV•

You know what people say about jinxing things?

Yeah, well we jinxed it. And real bad too.

We were all set to leave at midnight, but we ran into a problem and are now currently stuck in said problem.

Kronos caught us, but doesn't know what we're doing.

"I'm waiting! Where are you going?"

It's silent for a really long time. I could just sense his anger growing even more volatile.

"We're...uh...going a supply run! Yeah! The giants keep...um...killing our stocks! So we need to get some more supplies!" A small demigod, daughter of Iris, pipes up, and we all nod desperately.

Kronos narrows his eyes at us briefly, then dismisses us with a scoff and waves us away. We all release a breath of relief, until he returns with two cyclops.

"Since you're going on a supply run, I believe you need extra help," he tells us, the two brutes beside him grunting.

Percy and I share a quick glance before we nod and get on the boat, the rest of the demigods getting on with us plus the two cyclops.

"Oh, and remember to bring back some duck. I've found it to be quite tasty," Kronos adds as an afterthought.

The boat drops into the water. The two assistants start rowing while we try to figure out a plan to get away.

*after getting supplies*

We stalled for as long as possible. Now, we figured out a plan to get away.

"Huh. There isn't enough room," Selena says.

The rest of us murmur in agreement.

"How about you two take the boat back to the ship with the supplies and come back for us? We'll be right here waiting when you come back. Doesn't that sound nice?" She continues, charmspeak (a gift only some children of Aphrodite have) lacing her voice.

The two cyclops nod in a daze, getting into the boat and rowing away. The rest of us sigh in relief.

"Okay, great. Now, we just have to figure out where the hell we are and make it back to Manhattan," Percy mumbles.

"Like that shouldn't be too hard," Ethan snarks.

"We're in California," Emily, daughter of Tyche (goddess of good fortune and fate), pipes up.

"Huh, it was that easy," Ethan says blankly. "Now how in the name of Hades are we going to get back to Camp?"

"Just start walking for a bit. Then we can find a train station or something so we can get a bit further faster," Selena says, and we all agree with her.

Starting our walk, we're all oblivious to the person IMing watching our every move and plotting their next step.

••••Mystery POV••••
"So, they were going to go back to the gods?" My servant asks.

"Hmm, appears to be so. Maybe, they could use a little 'help' to get there, no?" I respond, chuckling a little.

"Of course, sir. After all, demigods aren't able to just go about their day without something happening, right?" She responds, and I nod in return.

"Who to send, what to send....hmm, maybe I should send the dogs? No, no. The beasts? No, that's not right either," I mutter to myself.

I rub my chin, trying to come up with a way to help those little demigods get back to Manhattan.

"Sir, if I may suggest," my servant begins.

"Yes, yes. Out with it," I demand.

"Well, I was thinking, what if you send the hunters?" She asks.

"Yes! You're a genius! Now, to just call up Dear Ol' Arty," I trail off.

"Maybe, you should explain what's happening first, and then ask for her help? You know how she gets when you demand things from her or even ask without reason," my intelligent servant says.

"You are correct. I should tell her first. However, maybe the demigods should suffer for a bit. Just a little while to understand why they should never attempt to do this type of thing again," I say, a slightly evil smirk placing itself upon my lips.

"Of course, sir. They shouldn't have ever doubted you in the first place," she replies.

"No, it's not that. It's just that they don't understand. Anyways, don't you have work to do?" I shoo, waving her away.

She bows and turns to leave. Waiting for the door to close, I sigh. Slouching down on my throne, I debate whether or not to call Artemis tomorrow or in three days.

But then again, they might be dead by tomorrow.

Standing, I make my way to the fountain in my throne room. I grab a drachma from the pile near the fountain and throw it into the rainbow mist.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, accept my offering. Show me Lady Artemis, goddess of the moon and of the hunt," I say, waiting for her to show.

The rainbow shimmer and Artemis' face pops up, disdain clearly written across her face.

"What is it, brother? I don't wish to speak with someone like you at this moment," She says.

"A group of rouge demigods are heading towards Manhattan and they may need help getting there. However, let them suffer for a day. Don't help them until they are basically unable to help themselves," I say.

Her eyes narrow in suspicion.

"Their group consist of Perseus Jackson, Luke Castellan, Silena Beauregard, Ethan Nakamura, to name a few," I continue.

Her face contorted into anger and hatred.

"Wait, before you strike, dear sister. You should know that they are betraying Kronos. They come to bring information to the gods because they no longer want to be apart of his army," I say, watching as her face becomes blank as she thinks.

"Why?"

"Because of Aphrodite. Apparently, the love that Perseus and Luke share is enough that they realized the error of their ways. Also, they only did this for attention. If we gods were allowed to see our children, and have representation for the minors, this wouldn't have happened," I reply.

"Of course Aphrodite's plan worked. Fine, I'll tell Father and prepare my hunters. But any wrong move from any male, they're as good as dead," she warns.

"Of course dear sister. Now, I must go. I have to prepare for Father's backlash from what will happen," I groan, already mentally preparing myself from the verbal beating I'm about to get.

Artemis snorts. "Of course dearest brother. And, this is why I've always liked you more than Apollo," she laughs, ending the message.

I sigh, hoping that this doesn't blow up in my face. If it does, it's my head and the corpses of demigods, and one very powerful one at that.

Gods, will the agony ever end?

"I think not, what about you George?"

"I just want a rat, Martha. A nice, juicy rat."

"That's all you can think about right now?!"

"Well, yes. You are too."

I rub my head as I now have to deal with George and Martha's consistent talking for hours.

What I wouldn't give to currently not be the god of travel and thievery, almost anything.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: Sorry, I kind of died for a while there. If you haven't read my conversation board, please do so. It's the reason why I just didn't write. I'm ashamed to say that I did read fanfiction, but every time I tried to write, I just got distracted by new things that happened to need to be done to prevent multiple chain reactions and because I couldn't find the inspiration. I still believe this chapter kind of sucks, but I'll leave that judgment up to you guys. Okay, bye now.