Chapter 2

Sinbad's POV

I was talking to Jafar when Pisti barged into the throne room with a girl. She had white hair with pink tips and clear black eyes along with white skin and a slender body. I must have been staring for too long because the girl was shifting uncomfortably under my gaze.
"Uh...Pisti, who may this girl be?"
"She's my new friend! Her name's Lara and she's looking for a job so I brought her here."
I turned to Lara.
"Hello, my name is Sinbad. I am the king of this country."
"Um...hello...my name is Lara Lions."
"Why did you come to Sindria?"
"I couldn't stay in my country for much longer... I am from the Parthevian empire and they don't treat their citizens like people...They killed my parents and...my parents, before they died told me to leave the country and go to Sindria..."
Lara was a sobbing mess. It broke my heart to see a girl so young having to suffer through all this.
"I'm sorry!"
"I-it's a-alright..."
"Would you like to work as a maid here? You will be safe and I will make sure that nothing will harm you..."
"Thank y-you..."

Lara's POV

I was a sobbing mess. It was true that the Parthevian empire killed my parents. That was why I ended up in Sham Lash. The group started to take in children who didn't have parents anymore. Telling my past story always worked. It always made me cry. I was then lead to a room for maids where Pisti tried her best to soothe me.

Ja'far's POV

Lara was crying on the floor. It broke my heart to hear her story. She must have gone through a lot... I hope I can help her...

Pisti's POV

Lara has cried a lot and now she has fallen asleep. It hurt me that she has suffered so much.

Lara's POV

I woke up to the sound of clanks. I checked the time to see the time was 5:30. I got ready and looked around. One maid walked towards me.
"Hello! You must be the new girl everyone was talking about!"
"Oh, yes."
"Follow me! I'll take you to the grad maid and she will tell you what to do."
We walked for a while and then stopped before a door. The girl that led me here knocked on the door before going in.
"Head. I have brought her to you."
"Thank you Nina. You may leave."
The girl that led me here -Nina- left the room and I was with the head maid.
"So you must be Lara Lions. Am I right?"
"Yes."
"I'll tell you what your work is alright? So you are to clean the windows of the halls and the rooms of the generals', king's and the guests'."
"Can you do that?"
"Yes."
"Great! You're really efficient!"
"Thank you."
"You may leave. And this piece of paper contains the directions and the place of each room."
I bowed once before leaving the room. I got the things that I need to clean the windows. I then walked through the hallways to clean. After I was done, I dashed to my room not breaking a single sweat and put the things to clean down. I then brought the piece of paper and went to clean the rooms. I finished cleaning all rooms very quickly. So then, I went to report to the head maid.
Knock knock
"Come in."
I opened the door.
"Oh! Is there anything you need?"
"I'm done with my tasks."
"That was quick! You are really efficient aren't you??? Well, the rest of the day is your free time."
"Really? Thank you!"
"Just don't bother other people."
"Understood."
I left for my room. Then, I grabbed my dagger which had the eight star symbol and went to train. (Lara has a djinn. It's name is Cimeies.)
I went to the training grounds to find it occupied so I went to the forest to train.