Stop playing games

You both hurry down the hall looking for the way out. Awkward silence is hanging in the air and you can feel the tension every time your eyes meet. You were fighting against each other wanting the cross and now you should cooperate to get out of the building alive. Reaching the end of the hallway you spot the door. He tries to open it but it's locked. „Can we pick it?" you asked him, breaking the silence between you two for the first time. „Nah, it's electronic." he responded.

„This way," he says pointing to the window „maybe we can find a way to the front driveway through the garden."

He jumps out of the window and you follow him after you take of your shoes so you can have softer landing. Standing in the garden you see that he's not waiting for you. You want to hurry after him but instead you crouch closer to the wall as you see a guard emerging from the door on your right. He continues his way towards your unsuspecting partner while holding the gun. You detach your knife from the garter and sneak behind the guard. „Hey..." the guard yelled finally getting your partner's attention but you quickly silence him putting the knife on his throat. „Move a muscle and you won't see the sunrise again." you whisper to his ear. He raise his hands and you take the gun from his hand and stun him with it.

Crossing the guard's unmoving body, you toss the gun to your partner standing near the shed. „Don't you need it?" he ask you raising an eyebrow.

„I can take care of myself." you answer teasingly.

He meets your eyes smiling widely and you realize he's kinda cute when he isn't trying to punch you. For the first time you feel the atmosphere between you two ease. Suddenly he rushes to your side and pulls you inside the shed. Pressing your back against the wall as he covers your mouth with his hand. You look him deep in eyes with questioning expression on your face. From the corner of your eye you see flashlights moving in the garden you turn your head to get a better view. When he removes his palm from your mouth you look back at him you realizing he's never stopped looking at you. „What?" you ask but no respond. You are standing there looking into each other's eyes. Through the thin fabric of your dress and his shirt you can feel his muscular body still pressed to yours. After a quite long moment he leans closer to you and breaks the silence whispering into your ear.

„I think I haven't introduced myself. I'm Sam."

„Y/N. And looking sharp on someone who is 15 years dead by the way." you respond.

He smirks at you while saying „The coast is clear, let's go."

You look around and see there's no way out „We have to take the high road." you tell him starting climbing the building in front of you. You are nearly in the half of the building noticing Sam is still standing on the ground looking up at you. „Wanna join me or are you having a party on your own down there?" you smirk at him.

He shakes his head as your voice brings him out of his thoughts and starts climbing towards you. You can hear his voice as he's speaking to the earpad but you're not able to hear any word. He meets you on the roof of the building and informs you about Nate „We meet with Nathan in the main hall. We should split up in case something goes wrong one of us can meet him and find the one in trouble." You nod and set off to the hall. You jump to the other building and hear the gun fire. „Well Nathan really can do anything quietly."

You jump a couple of roofs and climb through some windows and before you know it you're standing on the balcony in the main hall examining the shootout down there.

You see a guard under the balcony and jumps right on him taking him down. „You know people normally use stairs to get down here." Nate is smiling at you widely from behind the table.