For those who prove worthy

You climb down to meet them in front of the cave. When they arrive Nathan hugs you tightly, really glad you're fine while Sam nod to you with that typical smirk and raising one eyebrow. This was the first time you see him in a daylight and close enough for you to examine his appearance. He is illuminated by the sun gently shining to his face and his brown messy hair. His eyes are glistening in the sun rays and you can see for the first time how beautiful the colour of his irises is. Exactly your favourite shade of green. Sam notices you and with satisfying smirk teases you „Like what you see?" You roll your eyey turning your head from him and pretending you didn't hear his comment you follow Nate into the cave.

You find yourself in the frozen cave, icicles hanging everywhere. After squeezing in between two rocks you start to descend down the carve stairs with St. Dismas statues on the side. Finally, you reach a stone door and a board with a small hole in it. Nate immediately shove his hand into that hole.

„A little slimy. There is a handle in here or something."

Sam comes closer to him saying with calm voice. „Well...Give it a—give it a pull."

„What? Could be a trap?" Nate replies surprised by what his brother has just said.

„You're already in there. What's the– what's the worst that can happen?" you tease him jokingly.

„Uh, I lose my hand?" he answer as his confused look changes into terrified.

„So, we'll get you a nice hook." Sam says grinning. You can't help yourself and burst out laughing which causes that the classic satisfied smirk appears on Sam's face. With a deep sigh Nate pulls the handle and the door swings open.

There is a chamber with altar and some human skeletons in cages hanging from the ceiling. On one cage is attached a stone board with an inscription. „For those who prove worthy, Paradise awaits...To those who prove false, behold your grim fate." Nate reads out loud.

„Yeah, well I guess Avery was a better pirate than a poet." Sam comments

„This isn't Avery's..." you say a bit confused.

„What do you mean?" you can hear the same confusion in Sam's voice.

„It's the Rhode Island Pirate."  Sam comes and stands beside you looking at the board.

„Thomas Tew." both of you say in sync turning your head to look at each other. He seems a bit surprises by your knowledge but of course refuses to show any kind of appreciation.

„Yeah. But it can't be him. I mean, this is clearly his sigil but..." Sam clears his throat and continues, „Tew died attacking the same treasure fleet as Avery."

„Yeah, well at least that's what stories tells us." you state conspiratorially, sending them a devilious smile.

„If this really is Tew's mark..." Sam continues, „then that means he's involved in all of this...how?"

„That's a damn good question." Nate responds.

„C'mon, maybe we'll find out." you continue the way further into the cave.

After climbing, walking over ruined bridges, swinging over chasms you find yourselves trapped in the chamber with some kind of test. Next to the door out of it you find a pierced skeleton. The three of you immediately start to solve the test and soon enough the door swings open. Continuing your way, you reach catacombs and due to the loud sound of explosions you are definitely closer to the cathedral but luckily, Rafe haven't found it yet. You make your way to another test but it had to fall down into the ocean. Fortunately, there is left some kind of wooden seesaw. You, as the lightest one of them, go first while Sam weight it down for you. You are not able to reach the other side because it's still too high but you can swing into the niche above them.