Chapter 11: Thoughts

Thursday...
During school...

The bustling noise of the lunchroom echoed off the cafeteria walls; clinking dishes and chatter surrounded Eli and for a second distracted him from the long line ahead.

"Hmm." Sunshine stood on his heels, leaning every which way to get a glimpse of what they were serving. Elias smirked. He was too short. "Must be spaghetti."

"Must be good." Elias added, finally moving up; a bit excited to taste something decent at Somerset.

"Eh. Not really." Sunshine returned to his heels. "Just not as bad as the usual stuff. Pretty plain though."

Elias sighed feeling his excitement leave. "Great." They finally moved up, both grabbing a tray.

"So who's house you think it was?" Sunshine asked, tugging at Eli's shirt. Glancing at the boy's cryptic expression, he knew exactly what he was talking about.

"No clue." He replied, getting a scoop of spaghetti and a slice of the thinnest garlic bread for his tray. "Maybe the rest of the group might have an idea."

"Yea, maybe." Sunshine thought, and Elias gave him a look. Sunshine's face really gave away his emotions.

"What?" Eli asked, making Sunshine glance up before shaking it away.

"It's nothing." He said. "It's stupid."

"That means its something then, huh?" Elias smirked, and Sunshine frowned.

"Uh-n-no." He stuttered, clutching one of his fists.

"Whatever you say." Elias chuckled, moving up in line. "You know you're going to tell me eventually right-"

"Perfect!" Sunshine smiled, and Elias turned around to give him a confused look, only to see rainbow boy strutting away.

"Sun-uh." He glazed over the rest of the line before following after him. Unlike Sunshine who was small enough to duck and slip through the herds, Elias struggled to keep up with his redundant, "Excuse me" or "Sorry."

"Sunshine." He groaned; finally out of the standing crowd. It didn't take long to find the bright orange beanie sitting at a table. "Sunshine-"

"Elias!"

He paused at the blonde girl screaming his name from the other side of the table. "Harley?"

"Who else, dumbo?" She smiled. "We have the same lunch. You look lost. Sit."

He didn't noticed the guy next to her until he gave Elias an aloof salute. He recognized his distinct sandy hair; Porter. "Hey."

"Hey..." Elias sat next to Sunshine.

"So what's this new information that Sunshine's talking about?" Harley rose a brow.

Damn. Elias thought. He moves fast.

"We're not suppose to talk about it." Porter furrowed his brows at her. "Not here at least."

Harley rolled her eyes. "I'm an exception, okay?" She gave Elias a look. "Come on, spill."

"I mean it took a little bit, but we saw him." Elias went to take a bite, but when he looked up, he was met with Harley and Porter's wide eyes.

"What?" He asked.

"You saw him?" Harely leaned in.

"You saw the Neet?" Porter whispered the last part.

"Yea, we followed him too." Sunshine added, making Harley and Porter look at each other astonished.