3

The ship was about to set sail when you reached the docks to hop on it.

Quite a number of men glared at you for being late, but you were still an officer, and since Fujitora didn't complain, no one dared to. You were so used to their silent hostility that you hardly even noticed anyway.

While sailing towards Green Bit, the warship was attacked by a school of Fighting Fish, and the solution the Admiral came up with was using his ability to fly the whole thing directly on the beaches of the island. Shoving it into the jungle.

You (and the rest of the platoon) clung at the railings for dear life during the whole process, and it took almost an entire minute to realize you were not dead afterwards.

«I might have gone a bit overboard.»

Still spasmodically holding the mast, you raised your trembling face at him.

A bit...?

Fujitora cleared his throat and rubbed his nape.

«Are you okay, captain?»

You didn't reply, too busy trying to dig burning holes in his face with your eyes. Too bad he couldn't see you.

«Admiral!» a soldier called, standing to attention in front of him «The handover between Trafalgar Law and Doflamingo will take place thirty minutes from now.»

«Oh, we better hurry then.»

You stood with a sigh and adjusted the rifle on your shoulder.

Once on the island, Fujitora divided the men in two groups. One was sent in reconnaissance into the woods, while the other stayed concealed in the bushes, waiting for the Shichibukai to show up. You belonged to this second squadron.

«When they arrive, I want you to back me up, but let me step forward.» the Admiral instructed, then he turned «As for you, captain, keep both Law and Doflamingo at gunpoint, but don't shoot unless I expressively give the order.»

You frowned for a second.

«Yes sir.»

He gave you a nod.

«You are free to move as you please.»

You didn't waste another second and moved from the squadron, diving deeper in the darkness of the bushes.

You soon found a leafy tree to climb and nested on a thick branch, completely out of sight from the beach.

«...so what is it, Law? Are the Strawhats your allies or are they your subordinates?»

It hadn't take long for the targets to show up.

Trafalgar was still in control of a shackled Caesar Clown, facing both Fujitora and Doflamingo.

He had announced the deal was off, since Doflamingo didn't resign from the Shichibukai, but there was nowhere for him to escape now.

From your position, you could shoot fairly easy. Even if he spotted you with his haki, there was no way you'd miss him, and the same went for Doflamingo and Caesar Clown.

«What's the point in asking such a question?!» the scientist shouted to the Admiral «He can just lie and get away with it!»

You grimaced.

Oddly enough, you agreed with that disgusting scientist. It was too clear how Fujitora was just trying to give Trafalgar a way out.

Law took a few moments to think.