9

Bartolomeo swallowed a groan of pain while he tried to push himself on his four.

The poison from that Gladius bastard was still spreading its effects over his body, after all.

«Oi, Cannibal!»

He raised his head.

«You got to be fucking kidding me...»

Three Donquixote soldiers were fast approaching, shotguns in their hands.

«You might have defeated Gladius-sama, but you're quite hurt yourself, aren't you?» one of them shouted taking his aim.

«Ugh...»

Bartolomeo flexed his numb fingers, wandering if he had enough stamina left to form a barrier.

«Die, you scum!»

Three shots ploughed through the air and he shut his eyes.

When he reopened them, however, the soldiers were lying in the dust in front of him.

«What the... ouch!»

A sudden sting in his shoulder had him flinch, before he turned like a fury.

«What the hell, dabe?!»

You lowered your rifle and offered him a smug smirk.

«Yo.»

His confused gaze trailed from you to the syringe protruding from his muscle.

«Don't worry. If I wanted to kill you, you would be joining them by now.» you said, hinting at the soldiers.

«Ball girl.» he huffed, grabbing the syringe and throwing it away «What did you inject me with?»

«A general antidote.» you sighed, dropping seated beside him «I was poisoned once, so I took the habit of keeping a few doses with me.»

He shot you a suspicious glare, but didn't reply.

You moved your focus up, to the above level of the plateau.

«Doflamingo is up there, isn't he?»

Bartolomeo frowned.

«Oi, oi, what are you thinking about, girl?»

You stood up.

«Nothing.»

«Luffy-senpai is there! He'll take care of Doflamingo!»

You turned to face the town below the hill.

Screams, shooting and explosion were rising from the whole island.

«That's right.» you murmured «I'll just go and have a look.»

«Oi, ball girl, stop-dabe!»

But you were already jumping in the air toward the next level.

In the wide sunflower field that expanded all the way up to the castle, you found one of Doflamingo's chief executive lying in his own blood beside a grave.

Right when you spotted a few people gathered beyond the field, a huge crack startled you from above, and you looked up to see Doflamingo being hurled downtown from the sky.

A big black warrior swiftly flew behind him.

What the...? Am I crazy, or that guy looked like Monkey D. Luffy?

«But Tra-guy, your arm...!»

«I don't care! Leave me here!»

You turned to the small group that was now moving closer, towards the edge of the hill.