7

«Kill or be killed! Everyone in this country is now a bounty hunter! The only way to save yourselves is to take the lives of the others!»

«So this is what's been happening on the surface...»

You all raised your faces to the level above. Screams, gunshots and all sort of commotion were coming from there.

Doflamingo's talk was transmitted on the whole island.

It was clear he took a sick pleasure in describing how people had been parasited by his power and were now randomly slaughtering friends and family members. Fathers were killing their children, marines were killing civilians.

«This is the kind of person you guys are willing to ally with...» Hack hissed, sending a sharp glare at you.

You quirked your eyebrow.

«I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how annoying you are.»

«Okay.» Sabo nervously smiled, grabbing Hack's arm as he pouted at you «Let's just get above-ground.»

He was interrupted by Doflamingo's announcement enlisting twelve targets for the population to capture in order to end that cruel game.

«I will give you one hundred million berries for each star! One-star targets: Gladiator Rebecca, Nico Robin, Foxfire Kin'emon, former princess Viola, Cyborg Franky. Two-star targets: former army captain Kyros and Roronoa Zoro. Three-star targets: commander of the Revolutionary Army Sabo, Stawhat Luffy, Trafalgar Law and former king of Dressrosa Riku Dold III. And finally, for the man who angered me the most today, I will give five hundred millions berries! Member of the Strawhat Pirates, "God" Usopp!»

Usopp's face became a mask of shock and horror.

Despite the terrible situation, you had to conceal your chuckle with a cough. At least until the crowd of pirates around turned to your group with maniac grins.

«These bastards...! They were worshipping me just a second ago!»

«This is our cue to get out of here.» Sabo announced.

The Tontatta people (that you just came to know of, much to your surprise) picked up the injured pirate and started running towards a nearby landslide that opened up a path to the surface.

«Let's go!» Nico Robin took that Rebecca-girl's hand and followed them swiftly. At the same time, she pulled out a baby Den Den Mushi and called her nakama.

«Quick, quick!» the fishman shouted to the group.

Many hostile pirates started to chase you, blades in their hands.

Bartolomeo the Cannibal stopped to face them.

«BARRIER! Go ahead, you guys!»

«Yeah, you would think!» you blurted, jumping by his side to shoot down some enemies above the line of his barrier.

He scoffed.

«Get away, ball girl! I can protect my super senpai by myself-dabe!»

«And letting a pirate behind to cover my escape? No way!»

«You two! Hurry up and come!» Hack called.

«Oi, flame guy!» you shouted, hitting more pirates «Why don't you stay back and take care of this?!»

Close to the surface, Sabo groaned.

«That girl is annoying.»

«Let's go!» the Cannibal growled, sending his barrier crushing a large group of enemies.