1 Agony - Sample Chapter

Please Note: Unforgivable will be pulled from Wattpad on October 25th, 2020, for publishing. It will be published on Amazon Kindle at a later date.

Lyri

Crippling agony. My skin is on fire. Black bile churns in my stomach. I can't get away from it. I think I vomited, maybe I was sick, but it did nothing to lessen this acute pain knifing through me.

I force my eyes to blink. My eyelids are so heavy. Part of me knows to keep them shut tight. My reality is too vicious to see. I want to be blind, to never have to look at the truth again. At the same time, I have to know. Survival instinct forces me to open them.

Soft blue. Familiar, but not known. Not family, not a friend. Do I have friends anymore? A family? Anything?

My left hand twitches. It hurts, too, and my arm is too heavy to move, but I suddenly feel the need to touch my stomach. I may have a new family growing inside me.

"Shh, Lyri. Be still, sweetheart," blue eyes murmurs soothingly.

Unease is deepening. My wolf is silent, but her sharp eyes are watching him warily. He was there. That's why his eyes are familiar and not all at once. He was there and I can remember those eyes on me. He saw everything, which means he's one of them.

"Don't cry, sweetheart. Just stay quiet. You," he swallows, those eyes looking uncomfortable. "You're going to need to heal."

Heal? Is it his baby that grows in me? Is that why he is concerned? How does he know? How would I ever know? I can't be a mother to a bastard child. Everything in me revolts at the thought. This pack, these wolves, they'll destroy my pup. They destroyed me and they'll destroy my innocent baby. They'll hate him like they hate me. I can't bring him here. I need to escape.

Whimpers and strange cries fill my ears. It's me, my wolf, I realize. Blue eyes is alternating between pinning my shoulders down and releasing me all while murmuring comforting noises.

I smell. I smell of blood, sweat, tears, and them. All of them, all touching me, I can smell them and feel them. It hurts. I need to run. I need to leave. My wolf tries, she stands on wobbly legs, not even able to get all four underneath her body before she tumbles to the ground. We are growling helplessly at blue eyes. Futile. Our struggles are futile. He is so much stronger, so much larger. We don't stand a chance. We never did.

We never stood a chance. If only we knew...

A sting in my neck and my eyes dart back to blue eyes. I hear a command from far away. Blue-eyes looks worried as his face fades away into a pleasant white fog. Much better.

---

Voices, male, agitated, wake me up. My wolf watches, tail flickering madly. Males are bad. Males hurt us. So badly. I hurt. My body feels like I'm an anchor at the bottom of the ocean, sunk deep into muck but battered by the current just above. I can't escape the pain. I'm trapped.

"We agreed," a low growl.

"How the fuck do you think this is a good idea?" another voice snarls.

"What the fuck do you want to do, then?" Is that a third voice?

How many males are there? I remember... I remember counting up to ten, then stopping, because it was too awful to contemplate all those brutes. Are they still here? Where am I?

I whimper and the voices stop.

I open my eyes. The ceiling above me is soft yellow. Strange that it isn't white. Aren't ceilings white? At least it's daytime. The light from the window next to the bed is streaming in full force. That means my punishment is over. One night, from dusk til dawn, under the Moon's gaze so the goddess could judge me.