𝟏: 𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐝𝐮𝐛𝐨𝐢𝐬

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

His phone screamed for his attention again.

The sapphire light of the projected screen unable to distract the audience's salient glares from incising the skin of his back.

He already knew who it was.

And he already knew he was going to neglect him.

"Could you turn off your phone or leave? There are people trying to watch the movie." A nicotine burned voice crawled in his ears, causing his body to recoil.

An answer ceased to leave his lips as another shrill tore through the atmosphere, sending Jimin crashing into the end of his tether. The burning crimson pigment of his blood tinting the landscape of his beige skin as he swiftly made his way out of the theatre.

The touch of the outside world greeted him, the chilled ribbons of wind invited by the opening and closing doors swirling around his figure. The golden light bathing his skin as he brought the constantly trembling phone to his ear. "What is it Kang?" He interrogated, voice coarse.

"I need you to come in. There's a case I want you to take." The crumbling audio barely masked the identity of the man, Jimin releasing a sigh at his words. "It's my day off." He announced.

"I don't care. You can go and mope in the cinema any other day. Right now you can do your job." Authority saturated the dialogue from his role.

A vexed sigh rolled from his throat. "Fine... could you at least tell me what the case is?" The young man asked, only to be answered with a trio of beeps.

He hung up on him.

"Asshole." Scoffed Jimin.

One foot in front of the other inevitably brought Jimin back into the real world. Harsh, unforgiving light drowning his features, nothing like the illumination of the silver screen.

He already knew he was going to regret this.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Look who finally decided to show up." Jimin's elder partner, Min Yoongi, spoke out as his body rested against the anaemic Grecian pillar. Onyx laced his body just as his ebon hair inhabited his portrait.

Gummy smile draped by the smirk he proudly wore.

He scoffed, each step up the stairs freezing into a shuffle as his abused shoes released worn scuffs. "Yeah, yeah. We both know it was my day off. Now can we just get this out of the way please?"

"What? So you can go back to the cinema?" Yoongi jeered, earning a venomous gaze from the younger man. "Fine, you're no fun." He said before turning to the agape door, leading the trail to wherever this case's destination lurked.