𝟔: 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐬

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The deficit of evidence on the transparent board taunted him, just like it had done every day he glared at it.

It mocked him. The anonymous figure that tugged at the strings of these characters littered across the glass screen, leaving crimson stains in their wake.

I'll never figure this out.

He sighed, collapsing into the aching desk chair. Meeting with a flood of oak dyed files and tattooed sheets of paper, only reminding him how deep he had dove into this case and still finding an absent of any leads.

A small whine of oil craving doors signalled someone entering the main office floor. Turning to find Seokjin wandering through the aisle of desks.

Fatigue showed no mercy when painting their mark on his features. Fragile raven sunsets clung to the brims of his eyes as his lack of sleep caught up with him. Yet, he still wore that smile.

"Found anything yet?" The older asked, burgling the adjacent desk of its chair.

The office was practically barren, only consisting of Jimin, Seokjin and the one or two detectives making their way out. "Nothing. I looked through the whole list of people she was blackmailing and all of them have alibis." His fingers ran through the golden dyed roots, the natural dark chocolate roots already making their debut again.

"Well—what do we exactly know?" Asked Seokjin, swaying from side to side as he saw the frustration of being oblivious to the culprit grow on the younger's features. "Maybe there's something we're missing. Go through everything."

He took a breath in, eyes brushing over the landscape of red strings and photos that lurked behind Seokjin.

"Romeo and Nancy were together that night, the staff were in a meeting meaning that they're all accounted for including the parents. The same person that is blackmailing Francis and Delmare came in, somehow, and took Nancy. Romeo saw or probably tried to intervene and the suspect killed him, and once he dealt with him, he took her. But how? Somebody must have heard or seen something. Like a scream or a strugg—." Jimin was blessed with no time to speculate as a notification intruded the tranquil environment.

His hooking fingers were able to fish the resonating phone from his pocket. The spectrum of pixels that filled his screen wrote the message that was going to change everything.

Jimin's lips ceased to form a reply to Seokjin's frantic questioning as he strangled the material of his jacket. Striding towards the main office's exit.

"Jimin where are you going for God's sake!?" Seokjin finally barked, seeming to break Jimin out of his daze.

"I'm going to find Nancy." He finally answered, only anchoring Seokjin into further confusion. "What? H-how?" The older asked, attempting to halt the younger from leaving.