𝟏𝟓: 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐬

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Something isn't right.

Something is wrong here.

Perched on the edge of the gold cushioned seat, staring back at the reflection that was starting to haunt her in the white vanity. A feverish tremble planted in her nerves, only worsening as time grew older.

She found herself yet again in the DuBois household by the invitation of Delmare.

Staring at her reflection that the woman had painted more and more into Nancy.

It was the same excuses.

I just don't want her clothes to go to waste.

You should try them on, see if they fit and you can take them.

But something there was something about how she wore the fuchsia summer dress Nancy favoured over anything else, accompanied by the pink bow that always inhabited Nancy's figure. Whether it was laced within her hair, or tied on her wrist.

It felt wrong wearing the clothes that Nancy had trademarked as her own.

It felt as if she was being groomed to replace Nancy.

"Delmare, I really appreciate you inviting me over, but really I could just try these on at home and return them if they don't fit well." She twisted her form to face the woman trailing through the aisles of material. An unhealthy ink lingering in her eyes.

Shaking her head again. "Oh no, my dear. I insist. After all, I heard how you helped the detectives too. You deserve a reward for your efforts." The older woman smiled, almost stitching herself behind Rose. Raking her fingers through the streams of golden fawn hair, held up by the soft blush fabric. "And plus I'm still in debt for the night you helped bring Nancy home." She hummed.

"Right." Rose sighed in return, strain pulling on her fingers as they continued to bury themselves in anxious knots and ties.

This isn't healthy.

"You know Rose—." Delmare's voice creeping into her ears broke her back into her reality. "I heard about what that Jeon boy did to you. A girl of your standards deserves a man much better than that sick boy. Someone like... Chunso."

"Bu-but he was Nancy's boyfriend." She mumbled.

"And the best thing that happened to her too! I don't understand why she let him go for that Romeo." Sighed Delmare, tightening the bow in Rose's hair. "I never understood what was going on in that girl's mind."