fifteen

This chapter is dedicated to grandpastyles

Ironically but not surprisingly, Harry was exceptionally okay the Monday that followed

He still came a bit later than everybody else, and he still dropped his bag in that same loud rude manner he knew annoyed people who sat close to him (which he didn't care for so he did anyway) and he still sat down and wrote his notes in such quiet diligence, I wondered if I even saw what I did on the weekend.

By no means did I expect him to wear the sadness that engulfed him in its tight embrace on Monday, the way he did on Saturday, but I guess I also didn't expect him to appear this normal.

Then again, I couldn't wrong him for being the way he was. Harry was never really one for making a scene about his emotions.

As I wrote the answers for the homework I should have done a while ago, I tried to pry my thoughts away from the weekend.

I kept repeating that I should not have seen him the way I did, but no matter how many times I told myself that, there was no way to unsee it. It was done.

The vulnerability had painted his features like a picture and now I wondered what other sides of Harry I would, directly or indirectly, come in contact with.

As the day came to a rather abrupt end,
I tried to evade all thoughts of Harry's personal life. I remember telling myself how I was done trying to be nice to him, not knowing that the reason he was that way was because he was tortured within himself.

Someone completely misunderstood.

Unluckily for me, the twins didn't bother to show, so my day's entirety was summed up with classes, a lot of work and eventually going home.

As soon as I had the opportunity to leave school, I hurriedly walked to my car.

As I poked around in my pocket for my keys, I realized they weren't in there.

I groaned internally, feeling the need to kick something, but turned around and went to go look for them.

As soon as I walked inside, Kai saw me and her smile widened under her black lipstick.

I honestly thought she was about to give me shit about ditching practice but she merely waved and turned the opposite direction.

Weird.

Regardless, I walked to my locker, putting the combination in as the metal clicked and opened quickly.

I searched around for my keys, my eyes squinting at a book that was awkwardly placed amongst the others. I fixed it quickly so that it would be inline and a bit after that, I found my keys. I shut the locker and re entered the combination, spinning around and walking back to my car.