#6

Hi guys,

please check out my new fan fiction titled "Skin Deep" and be on the look out for other books I'm publishing vvvv soon. xx (Harry and bts related)

________________

I tapped my foot on the hardwood floor impatiently, adjusting the pins in my hair before sighing.

"Where's Harry?" I mumbled to myself.

I knew Harry had tendencies and unfortunately for me, one of those tendencies was that he was never punctual, but I never expected this from him.

It was a big night after all.

I looked at my watch, vowing to myself that would be the final time before I heard the sound of a cleared throat.

The look on my parent's face said exactly what I was thinking.

They wanted more than anything to leave, and it didn't make a great first impression on them that the only boy I had taken home was more than an hour late for our scheduled plans.

The food had been ordered 20 minutes after our arrival, and everyone in good graces refused to eat until he got here.

Now all I could do was sink my hands in my lap, completely disappointed with how this night was turning out. I couldn't even say anything to my parents out of embarrassment.

I mean, what was there to say anyway.

'I'm sure he has a really good excuse?'

"Vi," my father sighed, reaching his hand across the table to hold mine. "I don't think he's coming."

My eyebrows shot up as I pulled my hand away in horror.

"Of course he is." I said defensively. "He's just running late."

"Honey," my father pushed. "You said he'd be here by 6. Its 7:25. I think we should go home. Your mom is basically falling asleep over her food."

"Okay then you guys leave," I replied, slightly losing my patience. "I'm not going anywhere. I know Harry. He's coming."

My father pursed his lips into a thin line before looking down.

My mother didn't say anything, as she shook her head and stood up from the table.

"I'll be waiting in the car," she simply stated, walking away from our table.

I scoffed, not surprised she really left, but disappointed nonetheless.

Typical .

"I'm not leaving you here," my dad quipped.

"Why not? I'm an adult. I'm sure I'll be able to find my way home." I said simply.

I tried not to sound harsh but I couldn't help it. Everyone was being impractical. Today was the day before Harry's birthday. He must have been busy. He was sick for God's sake, he could have easily been at the hospital. There was no reason for anyone to be losing it because he was a bit late.

"Violet," my father said a bit sternly. "Let's go."

I sighed, dropping the napkin I had in my lap, before standing up.

"Fine," I quipped. "I'll wait in the car with mom."

I picked up my footing leaving my father sitting at the table alone.

xxxxx

"He's not always like this you know," I voiced out loud.

It had been five minutes into an awkward car ride and if I had to sit down and pretend to like the music they wanted to listen to, I would probably lose my mind faster than if I apologized.

"What do you mean?" My mother spoke up.

"He's not- he doesn't bail out on me," I shook my head. "He won't even answer my calls. I'm sure he must have a very solid reason for doing something like this. This isn't like him guys. Honestly."

My two parents briefly looked at each, with my mothers hand stretching over to touch my fathers shoulder before she turned to me with a bit of sadness in her stare.

"I'm sure he's great honey," my mother quietly said. "I'm so sorry we never had the opportunity to see that ourselves."

I gave her a small smile, satisfied that my parents hadn't totally given up on the prospect of me and Harry.

"Thank you mom. I really appreciate that."

My face then turned to look out the window, trying desperately to distract myself from any possible feelings of sadness before I noticed the silhouette of someone familiar.

"Please stop the car," I mumbled, before finding my voice. "Stop the car please, STOP THE CAR."

Thankfully we were on a virtually empty street so it wasn't too complicated for my father to be able to stop right where we were.

"Sweetie why did yo-"

I didn't manage to catch the remainder of the sentence as I gently closed the door, walking, almost too quickly to the boy who appeared to be very out of his mind.

"Harry," I muttered, standing from a lengthy distance. "Why are you- what are you doing here right now?"

It took a moment for him to turn to me, and another for his eyes to focus properly, but when he finally did, he made his mouth into an "ohhh."

My lips became a distinct tight line as I watched him bite his tongue trying to explain himself.

"I was- I'm ssorry," he slurred.

I stood there, waiting for more. That couldn't possibly be all he had to say for himself right now.

"This one is on me," he added. "I can admit I got a little drunk and lost track of time-"

"A little?" I snapped. "Harry my parents are in that vehicle over there and here I am talking to the boy who stood me up to go drinking!"

"No," he mouthed. "You- you don't understand, I didn't do this on purpose."

"You never do things on purpose Harry," I shook my head.

I felt frustrated to the point where all I could was let out was a groan before I sat down on the sidewalk.

My ability to stand,
much like my patience,
had done its due diligence for tonight.

I couldn't help but ponder about what he did. I was so disappointed in him. I wasn't even upset, just disheartened that'd be so something like this.

"This was supposed to be our moment," I began, my voice much more relaxed. "You were supposed to be meeting my parents and hitting it off with them, and giving me more reasons to fall in love with you."

"I know and I was on my way over there," he tried to explain. He unzipped his hoodie revealing a neat royal blue tuxedo underneath. "I had every intention of coming tonight, I promise. It was your friends- they held me up."

"My friends?" I asked, my eyebrows dipped. Now I was just plain confused.

"Yeah kourtney and that other one. The girl who's a twin. I saw them hanging out at some bar together while I was walking to our date. They asked if I wanted a quick drink and I just... I didn't know how to say no. It's weird knowing I can't live my life like I used to. So I did. I had one drink. But that's all I had I swear."

He stopped for a second before pursing his lips. "I may have um, I may have saw something after that, and I think they got me drunk so I wouldn't tell you they were together tonight."

"Harry, I don't get it. That doesn't make any sense," I replied. "Why would it matter if kourtney and Henrietta were hanging out together. They always do that."

"Because they weren't just hanging out," Harry stumbled over his words, sighing. "They were kissing."