twenty three

*Nb. This chapter is really important*

 This chapter is really important*

Hurt
(hûrt)

a. To cause physical damage or pain to (an individual or a body part); injure.

Hurt.

The sound of your heart breaking in your chest, or the inability to come back from something you once thought you'd never have to go through.

When I got to school that day, there were so many directions I could see my day ending. But hurt, hurt was inexplicably not how I would pinpoint my series of events.

"Do you think he's coming back soon?"

The sharp whispers beside me normally would have caused me to look up in the direction of the voices, but I chose instead to bury my head in my locker. My fingers scanned the pages of a random textbook, the negative whispers around me erupting.

"Where do you think he went?"

"That boy always looked like trouble to me."

The multitude of voices blended together like melted colors in a crayon box, the main similarity being the dark ugly stain it managed to leave on my train of thought.

I swallowed, as the voices continued, the anger bubbling within me as I snapped and slammed my locker shut.

Typical.

Everyone who knew nothing of him had their own opinion.

I couldn't even judge them knowing I was once like them, but it still annoyed me to no end.

Conveniently by some bizarre circumstance the school day got cut in half, so the hallways were flooded by people trying to get home, and by others, having conversations.

The ones within listening distance were about Harry and I honestly hated the way he was perceived by everyone.

The sudden gasp of one of the girls sounded, causing silence to envelop her friend group and I had no intentions of looking in that direction until I heard the same voice whisper "he's here."

My eyes instinctively forced themselves off the floor as my gaze turned to the direction I assumed he'd be walking in.

I saw the looming figure of a person attempting a stagger and a stumble of a walk, a tired sullen expression plastered on their face and messy disheveled hair surrounding them as they walked up to me.